Aldrin reimbursed $33 for moon trip

This forum supports the Early Access Program for the PC for Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager (SPM). iOS, Android and Mac releases are still in development. SPM is the ultimate game of space exploration. It is the mid 1950s and the race for dominance between the US and the Soviet Union is about to move into a new dimension: space. Take charge of the US or Soviet space agencies - your duty is be the first to the moon. Carefully manage your budget by opening programs, spending R&D funds on improving the hardware, recruiting personnel and astronauts and launching space missions in this realistic turn based strategy game.

Moderator: MOD_BuzzAldrin

decaro

Aldrin reimbursed $33 for moon trip

Post by decaro »

from Quartz:

"Like any other American returning home from a business trip out of the country, former NASA astronaut Buzz Aldrin filled out an expense report and a customs form when he came back from the moon. Aldrin—the second man to step foot on the lunar surface, after Neil Armstrong—recently shared the paperwork on Facebook. The records include signatures from Aldrin and a Honolulu customs inspector, and one of the most unusual itemized itineraries in history: Florida to Moon to Pacific Ocean to Hawaii, and then back home to Houston ...

"Aldrin was reimbursed exactly $33.31 (about $215 in today’s dollars) for 'travel expenses'"....

http://qz.com/470608/the-us-government- ... n-in-1969/

Aldrin also had to declare the moon rocks he brought back to customs.
The forms are included in the link.
Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.[center]Image[/center]
[center]"The Angel of Okinawa"[/center]
Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II
czert2

RE: Aldrin reimbursed $33 for moon trip

Post by czert2 »

hehe, it will be waaay funnier if aldrin have to pay for his trip :).

when i was in army i lost showel and have to pay for it, now i fuly understand why captains go to bootom with thier ships.
decaro

RE: Aldrin reimbursed $33 for moon trip

Post by decaro »

ORIGINAL: czert2

hehe, it will be waaay funnier if aldrin have to pay for his trip :).

when i was in army i lost showel and have to pay for it, now i fuly understand why captains go to bootom with thier ships.

I don't know what the Navy calls it, but in the Army its a Report of Survey.
Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.[center]Image[/center]
[center]"The Angel of Okinawa"[/center]
Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager”