Price Reduction?

Harpoon Ultimate Edition is the best and most comprehensive compilation of computer Harpoon games ever assembled! The two flagship products in the Harpoon line up, Advanced Naval Warfare and Commanders Edition come highly expanded and improved from their previous versions. More than twenty classic versions of Harpoon are also included! Harpoon - Ultimate Edition is the most powerful and complete modern naval warfare simulation on the market and a must have for any Harpoon fan!
Rhodan1970

Price Reduction?

Post by Rhodan1970 »

Hi guys

I would love to buy this game for sentimental reasons, having played the original back in the 1990's back I do feel that 53 $ is a tad much to ask for a game that is this old. Is there a chance to see this being lowered to more realistic values in the near future?
grobilla

RE: Price Reduction?

Post by grobilla »

I'd agree with you, but the entire package has a lot in it.

I also hesitated at full price, but I waited and got it on sale for something like 70% discount (I don't remember exactly), this past December.

Like you, back in the 90's I played and loved the original, and always wanted to play it again.

Although pricey at full price, it's probably still worth it for the hours you'll get out of it, and if you are patient, a sale will likely come again...
TonyE

RE: Price Reduction?

Post by TonyE »

Well said grobilla. Matrix/Slitherine has a holiday/Christmas sale each year when Harpoon tends to be extremely discounted. In the US last year that meant $9.60.

The Harpoon Classic side of the game is still actively developed by myself with the support of the community. We strive to maintain the feel of the game while improving it so the game seems deceptively similar to what you knew in the 90s. Here is the release notes thread https://harpgamer.com/harpforum/topic/2 ... ase-notes/ . While I haven't released a build since March, I expect to be getting this hobby back on track in the Fall.
Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner

Return to “Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition”