HDS9 scenario orders bug

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.
COBLU

HDS9 scenario orders bug

Post by COBLU »

Apologies if this has been covered before elsewhere - couldn't find it when I ran a search here though.

Under HDS9 (GIUK for series III) the orders for the removed Exodus scenario (number 12) seem to be intefering with the display of the orders for all the other scenarios. As you'll see from the attached (image1 here, 2-4 will follow in other posts) shots The Exodus orders appear in the first two battleset scenarios (header and blank) and then push all the other orders back by two.

This also applies to Red orders though the mis-assignment seems even more screwy here (image4).

Any quick fix available to users ?

Regards,

Guy

Attachments
Image1.jpg
Image1.jpg (32.84 KiB) Viewed 745 times
COBLU

RE: HDS9 scenario orders bug

Post by COBLU »

Image2

Attachments
Image2.jpg
Image2.jpg (32.42 KiB) Viewed 745 times
COBLU

Post by COBLU »

Image 3

Attachments
Image3.jpg
Image3.jpg (45.6 KiB) Viewed 745 times
COBLU

Post by COBLU »

Image 4

Attachments
Image4.jpg
Image4.jpg (43.69 KiB) Viewed 745 times
TonyE

Post by TonyE »

That is pretty pathetic that we didn't catch that. Verified here. I don't expect there will be a quick fix outside of me perhaps posting the orders here.

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner
TonyE

Post by TonyE »

ok, it is fixed for the next patch, I'll see about cobbling the orders into a file and posting it up.

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner
TonyE

Post by TonyE »

Orders scraped and tossed into an indexed Word file, and a PDF file if you don't like Word, http://harpgamer.com/harpforum/index.ph ... owfile=354

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner
SenkanYamato

Re: HDS9 scenario orders bug

Post by SenkanYamato »

I started the game and the HDS9 12 Exodus scenario popped up. I looked at the orders and got confused. It stated I should nuke selected Soviet sites but I had no idea what else to do. So I went back to look at the orders at the beginning of the scenario.

I couldn't find the scenario.

Is there a way I can play this?

Even better question...Is there a way I can turn off those damn staff messages? I can see how they would be useful for a new player. But I've been at this for over 30 years. I don't need a que to do things.
TonyE

Post by TonyE »

SenkanYamato wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:14 pm I started the game and the HDS9 12 Exodus scenario popped up. I looked at the orders and got confused. It stated I should nuke selected Soviet sites but I had no idea what else to do. So I went back to look at the orders at the beginning of the scenario.

I couldn't find the scenario.

Is there a way I can play this?

Even better question...Is there a way I can turn off those damn staff messages? I can see how they would be useful for a new player. But I've been at this for over 30 years. I don't need a que to do things.
Would you mind creating a wishlist on HarpGamer to help keep track of this exodus request (and the Staff Assistant request)? https://harpgamer.com/harpforum/forum/35-wish-lists/

One additional way to help is to see if you can find the original Exodus scenario. I've gone as far back as Harpoon 1.58E where scenario 12.0 is the same as 11.0, only the orders are different so even then the scenario was wrong. I did that via the HC20 launcher. It looks like one could use the same units in both scenarios but the victory conditions would need to be changed for exodus.

Explanation of removal of exodus:
HCE - 2008.001
==============
- Chg:2355 GE HDS III GIUK 12.0 is the same scenario as 11.0
Kludged the system to not show HDSIII scenario 12.0 in the
scenario selection of the GE but left it in the SE in case
anyone has great ideas based on the orders files.
Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner
SenkanYamato

Post by SenkanYamato »

I didn't know that HDS9 11 is the same as HDS9 12 Exodus.

When I started the game it loads a random scenario. It loaded the HDS9 12 Exodus.

Return to “Tech Support”