NOOB Strike Planning Question

This new Commander's Edition of Harpoon Classic includes land units, neutral and unknown sides, an improved radar and area ECM model and a host of other improvements. Rounding that out are over 200 scenarios and the WestPac Battleset. Try out this great new version of the classic Harpoon!
ddseddse

NOOB Strike Planning Question

Post by ddseddse »

I would like to start the "Opening Day" scenario from the "HDSC -- Harpoon Designer Series III" battle set. The orders call for a strike on Riyadh. I've got the San Juan in range and it can fire something called "Tomahawk AMS". In a different group I have the Iowa that fires "Tomahawk TLAM-C" in range also. So far so good.

I'd like to put my missles on top of Riyadh with simultaneous time on top. So my first question is how fast do these missles fly. I check the full display for the respective assest but I don't see this information. It would be great to get this information in game, but I'm reasonalby handy with databases and I know that I have the database editor where all this good stuff can be found.

So I open the commondb access database and seach the weapons but abseloutely nothing contains the word "Tomahawk" in it. Ok, I'm resourceful so I look up the Iowa and eventually discover that she fires something called "TLAM-C Blk IIA", which I'm assuming is the Tomahawk I'm looking for, but it seems like I must be looking at a different database (battleset?). I don't see any other Access databases floating around.

Does anyone know how I load the correct battleset/database so I can answer simple questions like this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

-Dan
CV32

RE: NOOB Strike Planning Question

Post by CV32 »

ORIGINAL: ddseddse
I would like to start the "Opening Day" scenario from the "HDSC -- Harpoon Designer Series III" battle set. The orders call for a strike on Riyadh. I've got the San Juan in range and it can fire something called "Tomahawk AMS". In a different group I have the Iowa that fires "Tomahawk TLAM-C" in range also. So far so good. I'd like to put my missles on top of Riyadh with simultaneous time on top. So my first question is how fast do these missles fly. I check the full display for the respective assest but I don't see this information. It would be great to get this information in game, but I'm reasonalby handy with databases and I know that I have the database editor where all this good stuff can be found.

So I open the commondb access database and seach the weapons but abseloutely nothing contains the word "Tomahawk" in it. Ok, I'm resourceful so I look up the Iowa and eventually discover that she fires something called "TLAM-C Blk IIA", which I'm assuming is the Tomahawk I'm looking for, but it seems like I must be looking at a different database (battleset?). I don't see any other Access databases floating around. Does anyone know how I load the correct battleset/database so I can answer simple questions like this? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Dan,

There are (essentially) two databases in use within Harpoon Commander's Edition (HCE).

One is an older, hard coded, built in, non-editable database that you cannot access. Your HDS III battleset uses this database.

The other database, the HCDB, is the newer, editable, accessible database that I maintain and which is used by the EC2003 and Westpac battlesets. You can look at this one with the Platform Editor (PE).

TLAM means 'Tomahawk Land Attack Missile'. I think you will find in both databases that it travels at a speed of 475 knots. [:)]
Brad Leyte
HC3 development group member for HCE
Author of HCDB official database for HCE
Harpgamer.com Co-Owner

Return to “Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition”