Screen resolution issue

This forum is for official support and troubleshooting FAQs.
Mike Raymond

Screen resolution issue

Post by Mike Raymond »

I just bought and installed. I set my screen resolution, as directed in the manual, to 1280x1024, and ran the game. I got the opening screen and selected New Campaign. Immediately my screen went black and I saw "No Signal" on screen.

I reset/restarted and set my screen(TV) to 4.3 from 16.9, then set my resolution to the above again. This time I didn't get as far as the game main screen. Immediate dark, no signal, reboot.

I think modern games should/mostly do set the resolution to match what they need. I'm a happy camper now, especially after reading the "no returns" policy. We buy in good faith, but they don't return the faith.
WW2-The Big One
War Gaming Just Grew Up
zakblood

RE: Screen resolution issue

Post by zakblood »

when you say TV, what size are we talking about? as normally we use a monitor, not a TV screen which may or may not support the signal or screen resolution / DPI etc etc (if it's a modern TV it will have options for and can get 480p 720p and 1080i at different 60 Hz with being the default, many won't support this)

and could you do this as well, to check all the game files are installed, the ones that come with the game will be needed to be installed not matter how old they are or what version of the Operating system you own and run.

failure to install all of these will make the game error out...

How to get a DxDiag report file:

1. Click on "START" (on Windows 8 press “Windows key” and the “R” key at the same time)
2. Click "run" (skip this step on Windows 8)
3. Type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. Check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. Click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments rather than pasted into the body of the post.
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)

Return to “Hornet Leader PC Support”