Seeing a bug... Or not...

This forum is for official support and troubleshooting FAQs.
Terminus

Seeing a bug... Or not...

Post by Terminus »

Post version 1.2, and I'm seeing SAM's and enemy fighters disappearing. Not dying, because they're still shooting at me, but I can't shoot back.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
bmt22033

RE: Seeing a bug... Or not...

Post by bmt22033 »

I've had a similar experience with 1.2.0 (I never played any version prior to that, though). On missions where one new bandit is added to the target area on each turn, I've had several instances where that new aircraft is just not displayed but it still shoots at me. And since it's not displayed, I can't shoot back, either.

On a more general note, it doesn't seem like there's much of a presence here by anyone from Matrix Games or the developer as of late. I hope that's not a bad sign for the future of the game. :-(
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

It happens to SAM sites and to Hornets as well. I just had one Libya mission where one of my Hornets vanished. Unfortunately he had the two Mk 84's needed to complete the destruction of the target, so I couldn't complete the mission.

I've uninstalled the game now. It's gotten too buggy in 1.2...
StormcloudCreations

Post by StormcloudCreations »

I thought I had that "add bandit or SAM site during mission but it doesn't appear" bug fixed, and it seemed to be when I tried it, but I will certainly look again. I've never seen it happen during my own testing. It could be the new "smooth" changes I added on 1.2 weren't accounted for by the code that adds SAM sites or bandits during a mission.

bmt: Nope, still here, still working and reading messages on the board. [:)] It's not my style to just totally abandon a game once its been out for a bit.
Derek
Lead Programmer of Hornet Leader PC
Mindtoy Games - Unique Strategy/Board/Card games for the PC - mindtoygames.com
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

It never happened during the beta-1.2 playing I did, but when I installed HL on my new computer and installed the non-beta version 1.2, it's happening a lot, unfortunately.

Return to “Hornet Leader PC Support”