Version?

Post bug reports and ask for help here.
Harry Renquist

Version?

Post by Harry Renquist »

I just purchased the Gamersgate download of Hired Guns the other day. What version is it? .07 or .08?
The readme says .07? but shouldn't it be .08?
Harry Renquist

RE: Version?

Post by Harry Renquist »

O.K. I found it. After loading a saved game for the first time, at the bottom of the screen, in green letters it says
1.07? But shouldn't Gamersgate be downloading 1.08?
blemishednicely

RE: Version?

Post by blemishednicely »

You'd think so, maybe there's an issue where they can only issue the last produced version of the game (which IS 1.07), and they are unable to release a version with the patch (which IS 1.08). I THINK also that Matrix only handles the BOUGHT DISC version and it's distribution...I may be wrong but believe I read somewhere around here that Matrix has nothing to do with the "DL" purchases/distribution/issues, and some other Co. handles the "DL" front/technical support issues. If that's so, then it'd make total sense as the 1.08 patch IS available here on Matrix's page somewhere (it IS kinda hard to find tho...mb I should put it up somewhere easier to see-took me a bit of hunting to find), and ergo the rights to THAT patch may be Matrix's & Matrix's alone.

I'd probably have to check to be sure it's OK 1st tho so no-one at Matrix gets pissed for whatever reason, as w/o their permission I doubt I'm allowed to release the unmodded patch on my own judgement/accord. Companies tend to dislike that sort of thing, y'know?

"You think they won't come to collect on the bill just because the human race is extinct and we're over three-million years into deep-space?!? That means NOTHING to these people!!!" - Red Dwarf ('Better Than Life' episode)
I mean think about it, the Y chromosome is really just an incomplete X...

Return to “Tech Support”