Game only works in windowed mode :(

Post bug reports and ask for help here.
digitalkryme

Game only works in windowed mode :(

Post by digitalkryme »

Hey all,

This is driving me mad, my system is more than man enough to handle this game but if i leave the option in the system.cfg

r_windowed = "0"

Then i just get the sound, and no graphics, just a black screen, it alters the screen res, but shows nothing, so ctrl+alt+delete end the task and back to desktop, alter the setting to

r_windowed = "1"

And hey presto although in a window i get the sound and the graphics.

My system is:
Intel q6600 @3.2ghz
4gb ram
Nvidia 8800gts 512mb driver 185.85
Creative soundblaster x-fi platinum (latest drivers installed yesterday)

Windows 7 64bit

Im guessing its windows 7 that is causing the problem

i had the k-lite mega codec pack installed, but uninstalled and updated it to version 5 and with the latest 64bit pack as well

So any ideas, i did a search but nobody seems to have this problem.

I added my dxdiag report
Attachments
DxDiag.txt
(47.44 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Erik Rutins

RE: Game only works in windowed mode :(

Post by Erik Rutins »

The game was not developed or tested on Windows 7 64, so I can't really speak to why that might be happening, especially since Windows 7 is still a beta OS. I'm guessing that by the time it gets to release and the drivers mature, this will probably be resolved. We have the Windows 7 RC on a test system and have been trying out our games, so far with a lot of success. We haven't gotten to HG yet though, I'll let you know if we discover anything when we do.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
digitalkryme

Post by digitalkryme »

ok,

is there a way to bypass the intro? maybe that would help me?
Qwixt

Post by Qwixt »

You do not have the latest video drivers, so you could see if the latest drivers fix it. Do you have two display devices? The dxdiag.txt shows two cards under display devices. You might try disabling the second card just as a shot.
digitalkryme

Post by digitalkryme »

its just 1 card but i have my tv linked in to it on the 2nd output.

Didn't realise there was a newer driver, so i'm getting that, i can also disable the TV output and try that, although every other game i have works fine.

digitalkryme

Post by digitalkryme »

hmm ok so new driver is downloading still, but just disabled the output to the tv, and hey guess what it pops up, so it seems that the game seems to try to display on the 2nd display.

kinda odd really as most games default to the first display as that is normally assigned to default display.

so i guess now i either have to disable that output or play the game @1920x1080 on my 52" tv......hmmm hard choice lol

Return to “Tech Support”