monster games

Post here to discuss scenario and database editing as well as any other mods to Harpoon 3 ANW.

Moderator: Harpoon 3

bstarr

monster games

Post by bstarr »

I love monster games - the bigger the better. And as of last week I finally have a computer that can handle one. Anyone know of a place where I could find a few big scenarios for Harpoon3?

hermanhum

Harpoon 3 [ANW] scenarios for the PlayersDB

Post by hermanhum »

Welcome back, bstarr. Haven't heard from you in a couple of years. [:)]

Harpoon ANW users can get the
Complete Harpoon ANW Library

It has the largest H3 scenario ever built. 5mB+ of wholesome goodness in Axis of Evil II and is guaranteed to make the CPU on even the biggest computers nearly cry. [;)]

Other huge scenarios are Backyard I and II, Re-Take: Orange or Red?, the entire Cyprus Affair battleset, and the War with UBAN 4.1 battleset. Do let me know how they run.

Looking forward to a game of MP with you, someday. Did you ever finish that scenario you were writing with the PlayersDB?
bstarr

RE: Harpoon 3 [ANW] scenarios for the PlayersDB

Post by bstarr »

You've got a good memory. [:)]

Actually, that scenario I started on was what made me realize I didn't really have the computer I needed to play the games I wanted to play. By the time I finished tinkering with it the "Allies" had 4 CVNs in three task forces, a massive surface force, two landing forces, and a British CV force . . . and the Allies were the underdogs! I tried to load it and my computer only laughed at me. Now that I have my new computer I wish I had kept my last save.

hermanhum

Harpoon 3 [ANW] scenarios for the PlayersDB

Post by hermanhum »

ORIGINAL: bstarr

By the time I finished tinkering with it the "Allies" had 4 CVNs in three task forces, a massive surface force, two landing forces, and a British CV force . . . and the Allies were the underdogs!
Is it considered impolite to drool on a computer? [;)]

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”