AAR Senkaku - Prelude

Post reports of your decisive victories and infamous defeats here to share with other wargamers.

Moderator: Harpoon 3

Anonymous

AAR Senkaku - Prelude

Post by Anonymous »

Hello,

just played it through for the first time. I chose Japanese side.

This is a small and fast playing scenario which I really like.

As soon as possible I launched my Hawkeye and those fighters available. While I wisely directed the Hawkeye far South; I was not cautious enough with my fighters, loosing them quickly to long range AAMs from Flankers.

My sub detected some possible sub contact and I thought "This must be the Chinese sub". A salvo of torpedoes massacred...a Tuna

Then I reloaded the tubes with Harpoon missiles and brought the sub up to shallow depth. My Hawkeye did a good job, finding the three fishing vessels. This time I was lucky: I finished all of them off with Harpoons.

Few minutes later the Tone was exploded by Silkworm missiles.

A Draw.

Great scenario!

Ralf
Anonymous

RE: AAR Senkaku - Prelude

Post by Anonymous »

One issue with the game engine displayed in this scen: The Eagle interceptors armed with AMRAAMS do not fire them. I have tried it several times, the Flankers near enough, gave orders to launch AMRAAMS, but the missiles simply did not leave the wing pylons. Thus the Flankers cut down distance and blew my Eagles out of the sky.

If I remember correctly, this has been mentioned in another thread by Freek.

An issue to be dealt with since it hinders game play.

Regards,
Ralf
hermanhum

Problem

Post by hermanhum »

I believe that AGSI has claimed to have fixed this one:

fb.asp?m=1887162

No way to confirm it until the 3.9.4 patch is actually released.
Anonymous

RE: Problem

Post by Anonymous »

Just playing it again; I love this one [:)]

One maybe useful hint: The Eagles, even that pair of newer ones, are badly outgunned by the PRC Flankers. While those carry modern long range AAMs, the Eagles stuck to 40nm AMRAAMS.

Maybe replace at least one pair of F-15s with the newest Japanese 2006 version - thus giving them a better chance?

Ralf

Return to “After Action Reports”