ANW 3.9.4.0 Wrong unit symbols on enemy A/C

Post bug reports, technical support request and store or installation issue reports here.

Moderator: Harpoon 3

RobPollard

ANW 3.9.4.0 Wrong unit symbols on enemy A/C

Post by RobPollard »

Hi All,

Just noticed this bug. If my units detect an aircraft and I decide to clasify it as hostile due to radar emissions the symbol changes to red as it should. When I look at the report and Db the A/C will be classified as a type of fixed wing aircraft such as a Russian Bear. So far so good...

However...

When one of my units engage it, the symbol inexplicitly turns into a helicopter symbol - despite the fact that the speed, alt and emissions make this impossible - ie it's a fixed wing. Not sure why the symbol should change when engaged - but this does appear to be a bug to me.

This behaviour is seen across many scenarios, using the default Db.

Also tested this by allowing enemy units to get in visual range and have the AI auto assign them as hostile. In this case the same issue - the fixed wing aircraft turns into a helo symbol. In my case it was a Russian Fitter A/C which was displayed with a helo symbol. Note, as with the other tests the symbol only changes once the aircraft has been engaged - in my case by surface to air missile fire.

Will post more information if I discover anything else.

Regards
RobP
uncleharpoon

RE: ANW 3.9.4.0 Wrong unit symbols on enemy A/C

Post by uncleharpoon »

Hi

I don't suppose you (or anyone else) has noticed this in the current production version 3.10.x?
RobPollard

Post by RobPollard »

ORIGINAL: uncleharpoon

Hi

I don't suppose you (or anyone else) has noticed this in the current production version 3.10.x?

Alas - I can't comment on 3.10.x as I have not bought the Ultimate Edition version. Would be interesting to see if this issue is still extant though.
Vyshka

Post by Vyshka »

Hi

Where is the 3.10 patch for H3 ANW?
"When they get in trouble they send for the sonsabitches" - Adm. King
uncleharpoon

Post by uncleharpoon »

There is a 3.10.1 that is free and available from the update menu item after you install Harpoon Ultimate Edition.

And we have announced beta of 3.11 - which is also free for 3.10 licensed customers.
Vyshka

Post by Vyshka »

There is a 3.10.1 that is free and available from the update menu item after you install Harpoon Ultimate Edition.

And we have announced beta of 3.11 - which is also free for 3.10 licensed customers.

Moot point now since I went ahead and upgraded to ultimate last week, but wasn't there supposed to be a final 3.10 patch for the H3 ANW product that was sold before things were merged into the Ultimate Edition?

Edit: The post quoted below was what was making me think that

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi evaamo2,

A lot more details on this will be forthcoming. However, I can confirm these points:

1. There will be free updates for HCE and H3ANW customers to get them to the Ultimate Edition level code-wise, though the updates will not include the classic versions or additional content.
2. These will be the final free updates for HCE and H3ANW, future updates will be based on the Ultimate Edition releases only.
3. There will be a very significant discount for existing owners of HCE and/or H3ANW who wish to purchase the Ultimate Edition release. As noted above the base price for the Ultimate Edition will already be less than the two games combined as well.

Thanks for your support in the past and I hope that this will address your concerns. We also feel that Harpoon has gone through some rough times, but we hope to reverse that with the Ultimate Edition.

Regards,

- Erik
"When they get in trouble they send for the sonsabitches" - Adm. King

Return to “Harpoon 3 ANW Support”