System Requirements

Post bug reports, technical support request and store or installation issue reports here.

Moderator: Harpoon 3

Pegasus4

System Requirements

Post by Pegasus4 »

Hi,

It has been a very very long time since I've played Harpoon and also what is now called Harpoon CE but both of these games are legendary.

I am trying to decide whether or not to purchase Harpoon 3 ANW but I have two questions that I need answering before moving forward:

(1) Does Harpoon 3 ANW support Windows Visa and/or Windows 7?
(2) Is Harpoon Ultimate about to be released and if so is it actually just worth waiting for the release?

Thanks in advance,

Pegasus4
Anonymous

RE: System Requirements

Post by Anonymous »

Hi,

ORIGINAL: Pegasus4

Hi,

It has been a very very long time since I've played Harpoon and also what is now called Harpoon CE but both of these games are legendary.

I am trying to decide whether or not to purchase Harpoon 3 ANW but I have two questions that I need answering before moving forward:

(2) Is Harpoon Ultimate about to be released and if so is it actually just worth waiting for the release?

Thanks in advance,

Pegasus4

Regarding (1): I have and had no problems running it under both Vista and Windows 7.

Regarding (2): I´m only a player, no AGSI official, but looking at the official statements on this forum - yes, it will come and it is scheduled.

Regarding (2a): It depends on yourself if it is worth waiting for it/ buying it. The Ultimate Edition, as it is said, contains tons of computer Harpoon versions and updates for both ANW ( = 3.10) and Harpoon Classic.

Hope that helps.

hermanhum

* Known Harpoon [ANW] Issues

Post by hermanhum »

ORIGINAL: Pegasus4

There have been a few folks who say that they have no problem with using either in 32- and 64-bit versions. However, I have also seen one fellow report that he was unable to get the graphics working properly with his Win7 64 bit system at 1950 x 1080 res. The best advice I can give is to run the demo and see if it meets your system requirements. If it runs properly (with the exception of AGSI's List of Known ANW Issues), then you can feel fairly confident that the game will, too.

ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/Harpoon3A ... Demo_1.exe

[Edit] Ooops. Accidentally edited. [:D]
Pegasus4

RE: * Known Harpoon [ANW] Issues

Post by Pegasus4 »

Thanks for your prompt responses. I'm tempted to await the Harpoon Ultimate so I'll see how long it takes and how long I can last!

Thanks again,

Pegasus4

Return to “Harpoon 3 ANW Support”