Automatic RTB

Harpoon 3 Advanced Naval Warfare is the result of decades of development and fan support, resulting in the most comprehensive, realistic, and accurate simulation of modern combined air and naval operations available to the gaming public. New features include, multiplayer support, third party databases, scenario editors, and OVER 300 pre-built scenarios!

Moderator: Harpoon 3

incredibletwo

Automatic RTB

Post by incredibletwo »

Hello,

I've noticed that now manually controlled air units will RTB once they fire/launch/drop their main weapons, or fire/launch their shorter ranged weapons. Initially it wasn't that big a deal but as I've played more I've come to realise that it's quite inconvenient. Sometimes you need those shorter ranged weapons (esp. air-to-air missiles/guns) to get an easy kill. For example, if I detect an enemy chopper, I'll close and use guns. Now when I do that, the firing unit gets RTB'd even if they still have a full loadout. Also, when trying to evade incoming missiles from enemy aircraft, say I return fire and it's my last long-range missile, again the firing unit gets RTB'd. Now I have 2 entities to control to evade rather than the one group.

Any chance that this behaviour could be removed for plotted units? It wasn't there previously and I can't really see any benefit in having it for manually controlled units/groups.

Thanks.

P.S. For those interested, the situation in Japan re the radiation is so hyped-up in the western press. So, in short, ignore what you see/hear. The only concern is in the 20km surrounding the plant, not the 80km that the U.S./Australian govts are saying. Cheers!
"Fortune favours the bold"
incredibletwo

RE: Automatic RTB

Post by incredibletwo »

Any word from the powers-that-be on this? :)
"Fortune favours the bold"

Return to “Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare”