Typos Abound?

Do YOU have what it takes to run a country? Democracy starts with you in the role of President (or Prime Minister) of a modern country. Choose from twelve real countries, ranging from the United States to Australia. The object of the game is to stay in power as long as possible while pursuing policies that will turn your country into your definition of a utopia.
Adam Parker

Typos Abound?

Post by Adam Parker »

From the Thunderbolt review of this Matrix Edition game;

"There are also a number of little typos and grammatical issues throughout the game. For a product driven nearly entirely on menus and text, this was a major disappointment. Nothing really ruins the feel of a "legitimate political simulation" like basic typos and capitalization errors. It really takes you out of the experience... Typos Abound. "

Any plans to fix this. I came very close to an impulse buy just now.
Erik Rutins

RE: Typos Abound?

Post by Erik Rutins »

Honestly, I haven't noticed "typos abounding". Could you provide a link to the review?
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Adam Parker

Post by Adam Parker »

Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Adam,

Ok, I read through it. I have to say I've played through numerous times and spotted one typo that I can recall. I don't know where the rest are hiding, but I guess this reviewer either found them all or is extremely bothered by typos (or both).

I would not categorize this game as being full of typos, this is not like playing some poorly translated Japanese import game. It seems well written to me.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
cliffski

Post by cliffski »

I'm english, so some people think I can't spell if I use 'colour' for example. I got a lot of grief over 'Planetary Defence' as a game title.
JeffroK

Post by JeffroK »

Can the reviewer even spell, how many typo's in his review??
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
ird

Post by ird »

Just to add - I got this game yesterday and I've not found a single typo.

And also, referring to other posts, I'm running this on Vista Premium on my laptop with no problems whatsoever.

I'm very impressed with this so far - makes a great distraction from WITP, COTA, etc and doesn't take anywhere near as long to play a game through

Return to “Democracy”