Tried ver 2 and am requesting refund.

Do YOU have what it takes to run a country? Democracy starts with you in the role of President (or Prime Minister) of a modern country. Choose from twelve real countries, ranging from the United States to Australia. The object of the game is to stay in power as long as possible while pursuing policies that will turn your country into your definition of a utopia.
SaltySteed

RE: Tried ver 2 and am requesting refund.

Post by SaltySteed »

mkjhartmans problem may have been due to the damage done to ones perceptions using Steam or the likes.  When one uses these, an web based service installer loads your games for you.  You never really have the binary of the install program.  Matrix gives you that installer but mkjhartman may not have understood what he really had and trashed it.  You get the real deal and not a web install service.
Ingtar

Post by Ingtar »

I like your distribution system, but lately, as was the case with Democracy, I've not really cared for the product once I had it.
SoulBlazer

Post by SoulBlazer »

Just to add my own two cents, I buy games all the time from Direct2Drive and GamersGate.  They also, like Matrix, allow you to download the full game and give a serial number to activate it.  And like Matrix, if you ever need the serial number again, just send them a e-mail.  It's true D2D has a limited number of activations, but a simple e-mail to them clears that up.

Also, totally agree with the others that downloading is the way to go IF you make a hard copy of the game and serial number.  Still, with Matrix games I pay the extra $3 to get the insurance to download for two years, just in case.  (I don't believe that either D2D or GG has a time limit....as long as they are around, you can log in and download your game again)

I much prefer downloading games as opposed to buying them, just due to convience sake (and it's cheaper to buy a digital copy).  I'll support Matrix and D2D and GG as long as they are around, and hope they stay around for a long time.

Geesh, I just reazlied how old this was.  Sorry. [8|]
The US Navy could probaly win a war without coffee, but would prefer not to try -- Samuel Morison

Return to “Democracy”