2nd Patch?

The Frontline Series is an approachable collection of wargames set during the iconic battles of World War II. Available for PC, iOS and Android.

The variety of maps and battle situations is what makes Frontline so different and engaging: players are confronted with blitzkriegs, trench wars and dog fights, but also unusual situation such as missions to capture an armoured convoy, recover important documents, capturing strategic positions and destroy fortifications.
MasterDust

2nd Patch?

Post by MasterDust »

What's the latest status on this game? People seem to have forgotten (Read: "given up on") about this game. To me, 1.01 addressed minor issues. I still have the Sword Beach scenario saved where, after having been cleared, the fog of war has now reappeared--engulfing half the field. Forward troops are not even accessible. And there's still that issue of the indestructible German Marine Unit in the North. (To say nothing of the "March Capability" victory requirement?) My PC version is still unplayable.
We gamers need an update ASAP.
Thanks.
MasterDust

RE: 2nd Patch?

Post by MasterDust »

My bad... I was actually talking about "Gold Beach" scenario above. Really not sure if other people are having same problem. I've restarted scenario a couple of times so it's not that. (Not doing that again.) Dead in the water. All I can say is that at least the game didn't cost too much--but still. Road to Moscow on the other hand is the much superior game from this publisher.
Christolos

Post by Christolos »

I just bought this yesterday (and patched to 1.01) and ran into the known bug of cleared mines reappearing when saving the game and reloading. I have just started the campaign so I am referring to the Utah beach scenario. This is very frustrating to say the least![:@]

I also noticed that landing crafts/duplex drive amphibious Sherman tanks do not "unload units" when trying to enter a particular beach hex. I would post the image here but I'm not sure how...Image??? This seems to occur from one beach hex only and the units appear to still function as they should...but it looks funny to see a landing craft moving inland to engage the enemy!

I noticed other reported problems and bugs on this forum and on the Slitherine forum (I should have read the forums before buying...) and so this game is far from being as playable as I thought!

Don't get me wrong, the game is fun and has great potential but it would be nice if we could get a firm and definitive answer regarding whether the game is still going to be supported with another patch and future ones if any may still be needed?

I also bought "Road to Moscow" and so I really hope this one is better. It seems to have been patched numerous times to 1.08...so perhaps all the bugs have been ironed out. Why can't this be done or isn't being done for "The Longest Day"?

I have seen this many times where a game comes along ("Time of Fury", comes to mind) that could really and truly be a gem if it was properly supported...but instead developers seem to rush to get new games out instead and fail to realize that their reputation is on the line. I have made it a point to never buy another Wastelands Interactive game again until TOF is fixed, as in my opinion, and others, it has the potential to be one of the greatest operational level wargames ever made!!!

Great support=happy customers who will buy more games from the same developer!!!

C
“Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.”

-Aristotle-
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

as far as i know, the next one is also being worked on so will be on it's way once ready
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Christolos

Post by Christolos »

This is great news!

In the meantime, I will concentrate on RTM.

Thanks,

C
“Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.”

-Aristotle-
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

i had no issues with either game and finished them both, but some do so they have patched them, good luck and happy gaming
Christolos

Post by Christolos »

Thanks but this begs the question: What exactly will the second patch address?

I definitely have the issue of cleared minefields reappearing in a loaded saved game after they were cleared prior to saving. The work around for this (for now) would be to play the scenarios to the end without saving...

The issue of one Utah beach beach hex (the only one I have found so far...) not allowing landing craft to disembark troops is minor, but I have read other posts that have found more serious problems which I suppose I will have to wait and see if I encounter them as well.

C

-Aristotle-
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

Bugs fixed:
- fixed a bug where you couldn't call reinforcements anymore in Leningrad map
- fixed a bug where finishing all the objectives wouldn't give you a win
- fixed a bug where clouds would not disappear after completing a secondary objective
- added a Skip Map option in the menus
Christolos

Post by Christolos »

Thanks but I meant what bugs will be fixed in a second patch for the Longest Day, i.e., in a patch beyond the current patch 1.01

I have been playing Road to Moscow and was having fun until I noticed that loading saved games resets all unit strengths back to full strength.

I also noticed that cleared obstacles (cleared for infantry by being run over with tanks) are back in place after loading a saved game.

So it seems to me that there are still issues with RTM that would need to be addressed. Is there another patch beyond patch 1.08 in the works?

C

-Aristotle-

Return to “Frontline Series”