1.01 Patch available

The Frontline Series is an approachable collection of wargames set during the iconic battles of World War II. Available for PC, iOS and Android.

The variety of maps and battle situations is what makes Frontline so different and engaging: players are confronted with blitzkriegs, trench wars and dog fights, but also unusual situation such as missions to capture an armoured convoy, recover important documents, capturing strategic positions and destroy fortifications.
Budge4

RE: 1.01 Patch available

Post by Budge4 »

SPI, think I may have had a couple of their games myself back in the early 70's. Were they in a sort of plastic tray with counters, map etc. Cant remember exact names but think one may have had "Autumn Leaves" in title (think it was WW1). The second im sure was called "Iron Cross" (WW1 Aircraft) Red fronted box with Black cross on it, remember them fondly anyway whatever there names were :)

Also had many Avalon Hill from the late 70's - 80's, plus others such as Ambush, Battle Hymn, B17 Queen of the Skies etc. Still have a few of the box games in cupboard, maybe not Avalon Hill though, not looked at them for years. Pattons Best, Tokyo Express, Blackbeard and a couple of others, must dig them out.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

took my spectrum collection to a shop many many years ago, and was offered peanuts so kept the lot, so glad i didn't sell these or nay of the older games i collected and played, cross if iron boardgame still comes out every now and then, same as squad leader, classics never die and don't let the cardboard fade away[;)]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Kull

Post by Kull »

As an FYI, this patch is triggering the Symantec WS.Reputation.1 virus alert which goes so far as to quarantine the program. Happens whether you manually download the patch or even try to update from the Start-up Menu. This is a TOTALLY BOGUS alert!!

For those interested in a workaround (i.e. everyone using Norton/Symantec), please follow these instructions:

http://www.ghacks.net/2012/06/25/how-to ... -1-system/
Kull

Post by Kull »

Spotted a few bugs in the 1.01 version:

1) When the game is saved and reloaded, all the minefields that have been cleared, return. At least you can see them, but it's kind of a pain to clear them again.

2) When you reload a saved game, it seems like the game counts up all the captured objectives and gives you the bonus funds for conquering ALL of them, as if you just did that in one turn. That's a huge advantage, and really should be fixed.

Return to “Frontline Series”