frontline the longest day 1st patch soon

The Frontline Series is an approachable collection of wargames set during the iconic battles of World War II. Available for PC, iOS and Android.

The variety of maps and battle situations is what makes Frontline so different and engaging: players are confronted with blitzkriegs, trench wars and dog fights, but also unusual situation such as missions to capture an armoured convoy, recover important documents, capturing strategic positions and destroy fortifications.
kverdon

RE: frontline the longest day 1st patch soon

Post by kverdon »

Sadly, I got the update front 1/27 and it seems to create more problems than it fixes. This i what I posted on the Slitherine forum, too bad this had potential but was released less than half baked.

I have the updated version from 1/27 and am having a hard time enjoying it due to some frustrating bugs. :cry: 2 of the most frustrating are:

1. When I reloaded a Utah Beach game I had saved, a bunch of new minefields appeared, many under my units.
Edit: I just reloaded another game and it looks like ALL minefields get reset upon a reload. This was tested????

2. Unit pathing is horrible. When given 2 equidistant routes to choose from, a unit invariably chooses the route THROUGH the visible minefield.

3. I went ahead and finished the Utah scenario and my prestige dropped from 22000 to 220!

These top2 combined with the need to move engineers before they can clear mines are VERY frustrating to the point that I feel it's about time to shelve this one. The last has made me wonder "why am I wasting my time with this" and caused me to delete the App. From my IPad. I used to eagerly anticipate new releases from Slitherine, no longer.

Kevin
Kevin Verdon
zakblood

RE: frontline the longest day 1st patch soon

Post by zakblood »

well patch works fine and lets you finish off the game at least and doesn't alter your saves, so game on

Attachments
sword and .. working.jpg
sword and .. working.jpg (168.3 KiB) Viewed 243 times
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)

Return to “Frontline Series”