Current bugs that make the game unplayable

The Frontline Series is an approachable collection of wargames set during the iconic battles of World War II. Available for PC, iOS and Android.

The variety of maps and battle situations is what makes Frontline so different and engaging: players are confronted with blitzkriegs, trench wars and dog fights, but also unusual situation such as missions to capture an armoured convoy, recover important documents, capturing strategic positions and destroy fortifications.
Auchinleck

Current bugs that make the game unplayable

Post by Auchinleck »

The game has to be saved regularly because of game freezes. When I save the game, it adds about another 1500 points in resource points to the player's total. So the player can afford almost unlimited airstrikes to destroy almost all German targets. A patch to fix these two key issues is vital to make the game playable.[;)]
zakblood

RE: Current bugs that make the game unplayable

Post by zakblood »

The first Update is ready and it will be available very soon.
It will include the Game Manual
Tweaks to some of the units
Only one Airstrike/turn
Music
AI Prioritization tweaks
Bugfixing.

so good news all around [&o][&o][&o]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Auchinleck

Post by Auchinleck »

About the patch, what do you consider 'very soon'? You said the patch was ready back in mid December. There is still no patch!
RussW

Post by RussW »

Two Weeks
Semper Fi
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

not much longer now then
FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

zakblood, you are the eternal optimist. These developers are full of baloney as far as i'm concerned. They have shown no interest in fixing major showstopping bugs, nor do they respond to the forums in any timely manner.

I have given up, and this company is on my "do not buy" list. Unfortunate, but this game has been unplayable for a long time with no fix.
RussW

Post by RussW »

Yep I agree with JG It's another title poorly tested and of no quality,,,No matter what the cheap price a gamer should expect a workable product.I've been involved with computers since the early 80's before windows and have seen too much untested low quality titles but coming from Matrix which is my staple for wargaming which is my main gaming compan y I'm very disappointed Guess it's time to go back to paper maps
Semper Fi
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

well my post is from info from slithering forum, so i'll wait as i like it still and every now and then still play it
FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

ORIGINAL: RussW

Yep I agree with JG It's another title poorly tested and of no quality,,,No matter what the cheap price a gamer should expect a workable product.I've been involved with computers since the early 80's before windows and have seen too much untested low quality titles but coming from Matrix which is my staple for wargaming which is my main gaming compan y I'm very disappointed Guess it's time to go back to paper maps

Yep, I have said this same thing on the Slitherine forum. Slitherine and Matrix Games have always been rock solid with their games. I can always count on good quality and good support. They should not release anything more from this company, it is going to tarnish their image. Now, I have to look twice before buying a title from my favorite wargame companies.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

eternal optimist i may be, but i think it's worth the wait and will give them time to fix it, as i bought it, enjoy it, and also think for the price, it's a good little game and i'm more than happy with it, will be better once fixed,but nothing is ever easy so i can wait, as i'm sure it will be done and be all right in the end, just takes time when a smaller group or single person on it maybe, either way rome wasn't built in a day, and most games get more than one patch now days and they almost never come out right away, we have waited a while so for me a bit longer will be fine also...
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi guys

sorry there was an internal misunderstanding. The dev team provided a patch for this just before the Christmas break. We recently found out it had slipped through the system and not been released. We have completed it and are preparing it for release ASAP.

This is not the dev teams fault, but ours. We had a hectic run up to Christmas and this came in as everyone was leaving for holidays and didn't get picked up when we returned. This is a good team and this is an unfortunately mistake which we're correcting.

I've also asked them to check out the bugs in the patched version to make sure we get an update out for those issues as soon as we can.

Thanks for your patience and sorry for the mix up.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

there we go everyone, see i said it would be soon, thanks for the update / info Iain...

[&o][&o][&o]
RussW

Post by RussW »

Yep it's all the gamers are waiting for It's a good game waiting in some repairs...Road to Moscow has helped me get a younger Grognard interested and reading about the history If I can get him going on Normandy Steve Ambrose's book is waiting.But we are still learning with Avalon Hills Gettysburg !!!!now that's old school
Semper Fi

Return to “Frontline Series”