Looking for a game (Allied Opponent)

Find opponents for head to head or multi-player PBEM matches here.
Skeleton

Looking for a game (Allied Opponent)

Post by Skeleton »

Just got the game, so a newbie here, not to wargames. Looking for an Allied opponent, a turn a day, weekends more, life and work permitting. PM me here if you are interested!
*Formerly known as Marcus the Leper, time has taken a toll and now I am simply a skeleton...*
Helmut

RE: Looking for a game (Allied Opponent)

Post by Helmut »

OK

Allied opponent.

Turn a day.

Saturday is for my wife.

All other days at least one turn.

[&o]

Helmut

CIC Allied Armies
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

Bump. My opponent has (with total just cause) given up on trying to get our PBEM going. Still looking for someone with an interest in the Allies. If any multi-player games are going and you need a slot filled, PM me.
*Formerly known as Marcus the Leper, time has taken a toll and now I am simply a skeleton...*
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

I and others have played many PBEM games with ToW, so it's not a killer.

Two issues:

1) passing back and forth the save game files: simply zip the whole save game folder, which will be in the PBEM folder. Do not pass back and forth the repo.dat file. Send the zip. Your opponent unzips to the PBEM folder, overwriting the old save game folder. No renaming of folders required. and so on.

2) Events. Yes, messed up. But in most cases not a big deal. Whoever gets the event, make a decision, tell the opponent about it, and give him the option to make a different decision. If he does, just back up a turn (which will be in your previous emails). If an event occurs in the so-called 'event player turn' and seems to hang the system, just hit F12 and ok to keep going.

Return to “Opponents Wanted”