Player location clusters

Find opponents for head to head or multi-player PBEM matches here.
Tomokatu

Player location clusters

Post by Tomokatu »

Having seen all the planning and negotiation about timezones and player order and the constraints upon nations avaiable to be played that's going on with the pbem of Uxbridge's ETO scenario it occurs to me that it might be a worthwhile idea to have a thread (or a set of threads) where volunteers from the same global timezone "quadrants" can write their names on a virtual bulletin board (hasn't that already been used?) for easy access in planning pbems?

For example, I'm in Australia, which would have to be "Oceania", the North Americans are already well catered for, as are the Europeans.
Where do the South African players fit?
Do we have any South Americans?
Are our Chinese and Japanese players also willing to be in "Oceania"? I expect we'll get more of those after SoP is released.
Do the Alaskans want to be in "Oceania" or "NorthAm"?

Anyway, any other Australians who want to make themselves available for a local pbem without the timezone delays that intercontinental play involves, please raise your hands or wave a flag or something.
For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction
Michael T

RE: Player location clusters

Post by Michael T »

Here is one Aussie flag raised
Tomokatu

Post by Tomokatu »

Well, there's TWO of us now.
I'm currently IN an intercontinental two-hander pbem that's just started (Grand campaign - gameturn 14!) but the purpose of this thread was to have a list of potential players who could be PMd or emailed or ....

That's for ALL of us, not just me, of course.
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

FOUR of us really (Aussies). I have two real world friends whom I play this game (amongst others) with, they just don't frequent the boards. But very dedicated PBEM gamers none the less.
Tomokatu

Post by Tomokatu »

"Eckssss-elent" (C. Montgomery Burns)
dodd1

Post by dodd1 »

Im in Sydney and have recently purchased the game. If you need another player count me in.
Tomokatu

Post by Tomokatu »

I seeya, doddsy.
Nothing really happening at the moment, just getting the register together.
Strong suggestion: Play a couple of games against the AI to learn the mechanics of the game. Read the forums, too.

I'm taking a major arse-kicking at the moment because I wasn't aware of how to protect and use my air units in Version 1.6 until it was too late. They're very useful in sea area attacks.
dodd1

Post by dodd1 »

Tomokatu

Sounds like a good plan. Have played the introductory Fall Weiss and Overlord scenarios. Now experimenting with the Allies and Russia in the Grand Campaign. Might be an idea to wait for the 1.7 patch before begining a pbem game.
Tomokatu

Post by Tomokatu »

That will be the FULL 1.7 upgrade as far as I'm concerned. I do note that the public beta 1.7 is out and the changes list looks most impressive. All credit to Wastelands Interactive for being so responsive to players' calls for improvements.

They're Poles, they drink beer, they fix things, what more could you ask for? [:)]

[&o][&o][&o]
Razz1

Post by Razz1 »

I'm in CaliForNia........

Which over laps for your time zone.

Let me know the rimes and I will see if i am available.
dodd1

Post by dodd1 »

Am interested in a game but I am concerned a bug still exists in the game in relation to US entry.( I am experimenting with patch 1.70 beta) I noticed the US doesnt turn up when they should. Even by May 42 their was no sign of  them coming. This was noted in earler messages by others on the forum but for some reason has never been addresed by the designers. The only way to get around it seems to be to get Germany to declare war on the US on the December 9th turn.  
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

USA (together with the other countries) don't have to follow historical path.
Sometimes it might join Allies, sometimes not it might fight alone, and sometimes it might don't care about Europe at all.
dodd1

Post by dodd1 »

Doomtrader

I see what your saying, but I have been playing the US and Britain as Human. As controller of the US should I then not be given the option to declare war on the Axis. ( I had no where near enough diplomatic points to do so
Tomokatu

Post by Tomokatu »

As controller of the US should I then not be given the option to declare war on the Axis

Nope!
Note in the description, the USA is a "strong democracy". That means that the Congress has to follow the Will of the People.
If there's little or no public support for the war in Europe, then that's it!

It's not a dictatorship like the Axis.

Hint: You can swing a certain amount of public opinion with your (player) choices about responses to Japan.
dodd1

Post by dodd1 »

Tomokatu

I did try to swing opinion against Japan. Initialy by applying an oil embargo and  by giving the OK for the flying tigers. It didnt seem to make Japan any unhappier and declare war on the US. In regard to US entry I think there should be a greater chance of their turning up . Ive played thru the barbarossa campaign three times till Mid 42 and still the US has not appeared.
DBake

Post by DBake »

Im in america and am up for some PBEM just let me know.
dodd1

Post by dodd1 »

DBake

If your up for a game im fine. Im not sure what the time difference is between Sydney and California. Id like to play the grand campaign. Playing allies is preferable.

Return to “Opponents Wanted”