At the request of Herr Oberst

Post reports of your decisive victories and ignoble defeats here to share with other players.
Magpius

RE: At the request of Herr Oberst

Post by Magpius »

Thanks Chuck,
It was great to see the units in action. One more question.
I notice you did not seem to use Strat. Bombers, do you have an opinion on this, as you said in the above post, AI spent points on them, but it appears to little effect.
-A
cpdeyoung

RE: At the request of Herr Oberst

Post by cpdeyoung »

The Germans never made that choice in the actual war and I did not either. The U-Boat is the "correct" strategic weapon for the Axis I think. I am playing a game with the Axis, and Comintern on AI and I have a British strat bomber, but I really have not been using it either. I have done big strategic bombing campaigns. I remember using them gainst Gary in an AAR game, but just now I have other fish to fry.

By the way the AI is not a good Axis player, Poland held out till late in 1940, and Luxembourg held about a half dozen turns. In December 1940 Belgium is putting up a heck of a fight, and the French and British look like a fortress in France. The British are just hoping the Italians come in, while they defend with the Danes, and cruise the Baltic looking for KM ships. Axis AI not aggressive enough by half.

Chuck

Return to “After Action Reports”