Well, guess this will be a AAR then

Post reports of your decisive victories and ignoble defeats here to share with other players.
Hard Sarge

RE: Well, guess this will be a AAR then

Post by Hard Sarge »

the French try and defend Paris this time, so will have to fight my way into the city

Attachments
breakout2.jpg
breakout2.jpg (187.3 KiB) Viewed 717 times
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

Paris falls, Airpower is moved forward, a few French Air units were knocked out in dogfights, pocket to the north is finished, wall of the neck in the south is being expanded

Attachments
breakoutparis.jpg
breakoutparis.jpg (176.56 KiB) Viewed 717 times
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

Now

while all this was going on, we got Italy, they couldn't DOW on the Allies, so, decided they may as well go after Greece, while the English and French are busy !

so spent along time marching to the border (man those guys can not march worth a dang !!!)

DOW on the Greek, and the Greek join the Allies, so Italy is now at war with everybody, as are the Germans and there allies, only thing though, is Italy is not a Ally (the Troops I had left in Yugo, in case of trouble down there, can't march south, they can't cross the boarder that is now Italy ?

then, massive Naval battles in the Med, all of Italy's supply ships are sunk, all the troops in NA and Albaina are out of supply, lucky the Greeks do not have the firepower to really push the issue

Massive Naval battles again and again, and each week, all the new supply ships are sent to the bottom of the Med

but, the English and French are takeing a pounding, soon 4 CVs are sunk, and most of the French BBs join them, I finally get some supply to my troops and just in time, it looks like the French who were about to overrun my troops are now out of supply themselfs, and are quickly mopped up

and the English are slowly being pushed back on the other side of NA

the attack into France is slow, but steady, the French troops are not as good in the south as in the north, and they gain a breakthough of there own

really, really hurts not being able to join the Axis, and looks like the event that starts the war for Italy is not triggered, they don't join

Attachments
Breakoutanditaly.jpg
Breakoutanditaly.jpg (159.49 KiB) Viewed 717 times
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

soon, Armor is rushing to Brest, and Natheen (? spelling), and Vichy

mopping up and Maggot line breaking

they fall and the French give up

will all my goodies I pick up in France, I go wild with Reseach

Bulgera joins the Axis

airpower is rested and refitted, and moved to the coast, the BoB is about to begin

and then it was bedtime :)

Attachments
breakoutandwaiting.jpg
breakoutandwaiting.jpg (177.04 KiB) Viewed 717 times
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

ORIGINAL: Slick Wilhelm

What do the "losses dealt" and "losses taken" numbers represent? The number of unit strength points? And what about the percentages?Are your losses that were dealt by the Poles very high, relatively speaking?

Sorry Slick, I don't see if somebody posts while I got the post open

Losses dealt, are what you have done to them, and taken is what they have done to you

% is how much of the losses are done to/by that nation

(which once defeated, those do not show up any more, I would like to see them stay)

the losses to Poland are not really that heavy, but heavy enough, the way I read that, say a Inf Div is 3.00 points of troops, a Air Army is 8.00 points (or so) so, while I didn't really lose anything, I was bled 20 + points that I will need to regain

(most of my battles vs France/England in 1940, have been around 100/150 losses for a much longer, and Larger battle)

Terminus

Post by Terminus »

Heh, "Maggot" line...[:D]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
SlickWilhelm

Post by SlickWilhelm »

Hehe, I caught that, too. [:)]

Nice work, Sarge(as always). Thanks for the explanation of the losses. 
Beta Tester - Brother Against Brother
Beta Tester - Commander: The Great War
Beta Tester - Desert War 1940-42
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

thinking about all the losses in the Med, I did some sea searches and didn't pick up any English ships, so started spending some PP on Sealion

landed 3 Armor Divs, shorebombardment along with some airpower made the landings easy, then shipped in some Inf

of course, forgot to set up a convoy for supplies !!!!

then the English decided to mess with the landing, that CV got away, but it was leaking pretty good by the time it got back to port (or where ever it snunk off to)

Attachments
sealion.jpg
sealion.jpg (158.96 KiB) Viewed 717 times
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

I got a monster on the louse, of course, the English maybe a little short of food and what not, but...

Attachments
na.jpg
na.jpg (166.82 KiB) Viewed 717 times
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

Greece falls into that best laid plans and all

do all the fighting to clear out that city hex, then the Bulgerains come in, and drive the Greeks back into the city, so I clear it again, then the Bulgerains slip right in, and steal the city !!!

things were looking good, until the English showed up !

Attachments
greece.jpg
greece.jpg (172.33 KiB) Viewed 717 times
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

The Royal Navy didn't intercept your amphibious assault on Cornwall? You think their entire navy was in the Med?

Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

Sealion, what a difference a little supply can do !

those two Armor Korps are going to be HARD to defend against

Attachments
sealion2.jpg
sealion2.jpg (162.63 KiB) Viewed 715 times
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

of course, what you don't see, is the numbers the English have there, going to either take it slow and kill everything a step at a time, or get alot more troops into the area

of course (part II) the Air part of BoB is still going on

here is part of it

Attachments
bob.jpg
bob.jpg (165.02 KiB) Viewed 715 times
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

not a good week for FC, or for the home Army either

two air Armies and a air Div are going to be HARD to replace, with the ground war heating up

Attachments
bobalmost.jpg
bobalmost.jpg (157.8 KiB) Viewed 715 times
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

ORIGINAL: gwgardner

The Royal Navy didn't intercept your amphibious assault on Cornwall? You think their entire navy was in the Med?

ahh, to be honest, I think the Royal Navy is at the bottom of the Med

(wish list, something to add, or what not, but the AI has to put it's ships into groups, these small groups are getting slaughtered)
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

well

London fell, pushing up towards Manchester, got my Para's sitting in the south for a drop soon up north

England had some nice troops, but my Armor is too much for them

BUT

Hassle is my computer died last night, game is on one of my backup drives, so game and files are good, but need a computer to put the backup into

so, would say this AAR is going to be on hold for a bit

stormbringer3

Post by stormbringer3 »

Hard Sarge, your comment about the naval groups is most likely spot on. Every PC WWII game that I have played in the last 20 years that is on a more strategic level with a naval component seems to have the same problem. All you need to do as the Axis is build a large naval stack, the Allied fleets show up in the small groups that you mention, and you defeat them time after time. Perhaps a ship stacking limit could be set up so you can't use this exploit. 
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

ORIGINAL: stormbringer3

Hard Sarge, your comment about the naval groups is most likely spot on. Every PC WWII game that I have played in the last 20 years that is on a more strategic level with a naval component seems to have the same problem. All you need to do as the Axis is build a large naval stack, the Allied fleets show up in the small groups that you mention, and you defeat them time after time. Perhaps a ship stacking limit could be set up so you can't use this exploit. 
Got that right for the few I've played. Making History, for example, was a decent game but for the naval AI. It simply would not put together fleets that could defend themselves.

stormbringer3

Post by stormbringer3 »

Perhaps the game developers have an idea on how to improve this area of the game!
I am not game developer, so maybe this naval issue is very hard to correct, but it seems suprising that so many different games all have the same problem with large Axis naval stacks being able to win battle after battle because of fragmented allied attacks.

Return to “After Action Reports”