1940 Murat30 Mod For 1.8.1

Share scenarios and mods with other players here.
alaric318

1940 Murat30 Mod For 1.8.1

Post by alaric318 »

best greetings, in advance i should say that i somehow taken ideas from others mods but, as allways, was wanting to make "my perfect grand picture"

in advance, also, please, excuse my very poor english, is not my native language,

i choose to mod the by default 1940 scenario, just because it makes the total war earlier, and i skip the so called phony war, where with the given modifications to the default version, germany may make a un-beatable army when russia enter on the war (and i dislike the starting shock penalty on the russians too, sure, is historical, but for my mod it have a bigger impact - hit ingame).

production... i give extra production for all majors, except USA and Italy, bigger armies decreases the luck factor and downgrade the impact of offensives, also giving some more extra power for replace losses and added in, makes the game faster overall.

Germany... overall production bonus... +26 (Breslau, From 3 to 10) (Munchen/Munich, From 10 to 20) (Essen, From 07 to 10) (Hamburg, From 09 to 15)
Soviet Union/Russia... overall bonus at +48...,
..., (Perm[Rearguard], From 01 to 10) (Leningrad, From 07 to 20) (Moscow, From 25 to 40) (Stalingrad, From 14 to 25)
France... overall bonus +15... (Paris, From 15 to 30)
Britain/CommonWealth... overall bonus at +17 (London, From 15 to 25) (Manchester, From 08 to 15)
(Notes... the german bonus is indeed more valuable, as Germany start with a very better army, with 02 land doctrine lvls upward from all others)
-------
units costs... instead of give the new replacement and costs i will give the table of cost of most units (naval warfare are not changed), overall each "level" of upgrade gives +2 strength increases but i fixed the low end at 04 strength for a infantry/motor div. , unquestionable that germany is stronger with the land doctrine level at start, but the french army will be a hard battle now, i make too air tactical bombers stronger, in virtue that the new land forces most of the time give the use on tactical bombardment at table 1-1, where aircraft is more weak, and a lose of 0.2 means near nothing for a full 4 strength infantry unit.

Unit Cost Table, Type of unit And by Level 1/2 (no one start at level 3)
Inf Division... Lvl 1 (16 cost) Lvl 2 (24 Cost) Inf Corps... 24/32 Cost, Motor Div... 24/37 Cost, Motor Corps... 36/49 Cost, Armor Div... 56/74 Cost,
Armor Corps... 72/90 Cost, Fighters Wing... 70/77 Cost, Tactical Bombers Wing... 80/88 Cost (also, tactical bombers increased to 3 strikes/round aside the fact that if the player over-use the aircraft it will be expensive)
(Notes... indeed the land doctrine of germany armies will make very strong units, more on with the (increased bonus) of the commanders, but in example you can set an russian armor corps at strength 11 in 1940/1941)
-------
about movement rates and impulse amount... impulse amount has been reduced, and movement rates increased, less winter impulses with higher land units movement and (some) capability of attack or reorganize, infantry base is (05) with some increases in higher artillery level, and motor/armor base is (07) with some level increase too. (aside land doctrine level bonus, what can be said is taken in account in all wargames, usually giving enhanced movement to the german army, from the begining of the wargame's era).
-------
War Effort Increase Rate And Social Unrest got a big change, with the overall "grand picture" of a faster war in mind on my scenario/mod, given, and in virtue, that if i left it un-changed the nations that do not start at full industrial performance would have got a big disadvantage.
-------
final notes... the scenario are not playtested, we can call it "beta" as some heavy unbalance may arise, if i have to encourage one house rule, it will be that when germany attack soviet union/russia, enforce a declaration of war (DoW) from germany to USA, USA, as in the real war, is the breath of stregth that can have a chance of turn the tide on the russian front, setting up, with the british, the second front as soon as possible, but aside not playtest have been done, is almost my final version by now, i played an early version of the mod with germany against comitern and allies and by the time i left it, i was giving siege to leningrad and moscow in the early winter of 1940, but it means nothing, in virtue that to do playtest with the AI on it, you have to play two games, one in each side and compare the results. -is enforced to say that each player have one level of dexterity+experience on games and wargames, so, the AI allways is going to be "unbalanced" (just somehow, to some degree), but to make a balanced AI we have to play more and more games, and find the balanced point between the "10 AI units vs 1 player unit" unbeatable AI and the "01 to 01" ratio where the AI is in disadvantage, so, i hope people enjoy my mod, best regards and follow the link below, if it is removed i will set-up it again,

and again, i apologize for my poor english, i try on it my best,

with best regards, Murat30. (And all feedback will be wellcome)

Time of Wrath Engine, Murat30 - 1940 War To The Death Mod download Link... http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T5SH6GHA
There is no plan of battle that survives the contact with the enemy.
Magpius

RE: 1940 Murat30 Mod For 1.8.1

Post by Magpius »

Thanks Murat,
Downloading now,
and will give it a try.
Thanks for your efforts here.
regards
A.

Return to “Scenarios and Mods”