Naval Combat Resolution

Share scenarios and mods with other players here.
Uxbridge

Naval Combat Resolution

Post by Uxbridge »

Although I know this is not exactly a modding question, I post it here since the reason for the question is modding activities.

I have lately wandered into the naval part of the game, something that has long been neglected by me.

In the Manual this can be read:

Each group has a 3% chance multiplied by its naval technology level to hit a random enemy group. Each hit has 50% base chance plus 10% for each naval technology level for dealing one point of damage.

1. Does this mean that there's no difference in hitting chances, whatsoever, firing unit being a sub or a battleship, or it being severely reduced in strength or not?

2. Type of ship or level of damage doesn't enter into combat resolution, only tech level?

3. A firing, full strength battleship with level 1 in tech will have 1,8% chance of scoring a hit on a 1-step Cruiser, while the latter, if being level 4 in tech, will have a 10,8% chance of striking a hit on the battleship (3% x 4 = 12% to hit; 50% + 40% = 90% to cause damage; 12% x 90% = 10,8% in overall possibility of a hit being made)?

If true, I really think that the strength and defensive structure of the firing and recieveing units should have something to do with this too. [8|]
Uxbridge

RE: Naval Combat Resolution

Post by Uxbridge »

Knock, knock! Anybody here? [8D]

If the Wasteland boys are on vacation, does anybody else have a clue?

Return to “Scenarios and Mods”