serial number problem

Post bug reports and ask for help here.
jjackson

serial number problem

Post by jjackson »

wasnt going to post on here but i got a free download of this game from Gamersgate and once installed, when i try to play the game i keep getting the message there is a problem with your serial number(which i got from gamersgate). i put in a ticket with them but havent heard anything so wondering if anyone here would know anything with this game. Im running windows 7 64bit. also i did try running it as administrator but that didnt work either.
doomtrader

RE: serial number problem

Post by doomtrader »

Hi,

Run the game as administrator.
jjackson

Post by jjackson »

actually i tried that and it didnt work. i saw that in the Wasteland website but it was an old post.
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

Sorry, I missed that part of your post.

Please make sure that the game folder is not write-protected.
jjackson

Post by jjackson »

its not showing write=protected. i actually un-installed it and installed it again and get the same message. It does show the game as being version 1.91 so not sure if they have had issues with the new petch. the message says
"there_is_a_problem_with_your_serial_number._please_contact_customer_support_error:_1 " not sure if this tells you anything else
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

It is clearly Matrix version message.

Pretty weird that it is displayed.

Could you please delete everything and download the game from GamersGate again?

I'm sure they received full 1.91 installer from us, and in any problems with serial number you just shouldn't be able to close the window with SN request.
mac6308

Post by mac6308 »

jjackson

D3DRM.DLL is Direct3D Retained Mode, an older graphics display technology from 1997 that was removed from Windows 7 and Vista. However you can download the file microflight.com/img/d3drm.zip When you download the File, try putting it in the game directories.
jjackson

Post by jjackson »

i re-downloaded it and get the same message. i also downloaded the graphics display Mac suggested but still get the same error.could they have given me a serial code that has already been used?
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

no I don't think so.

Please write to doomtrader[at]wastelands-interactive.com and we will try to solve it out different way.
Skybolt

Post by Skybolt »

Regrettably, the game, at least the ones downloadable from GamersGate, seems to be broken. I have tried installing it on three different computers. One running Windows 7 32 bit, one running Windows 7 64 bit and one running Windows 8.1 64 bit.

All report the same "problem with serial number" message and refuse to load.

I don't feel I can complain too much about a free download, but perhaps you should consider withdrawing it from GamersGate.

However, if the version from Matrix Games also fails to load, I would be properly annoyed. I don't feel like paying money to run the experiment.
--
It's even money, that the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming express
Admiral Stricker

Post by Admiral Stricker »

Same here

Return to “Tech Support”