ToW feedback and questions

From the front lines in France and Russia to the deserts of North Africa and the airfields and convoys of Britain, the campaigns of World War II are yours to command in WW2: Time of Wrath! This turn-based grand strategy title, the highly improved and expanded sequel to WW2: Road to Victory, puts the player in charge of the political, economic and military decisions of one or more Axis or Allied nations, including minor nations.
steelwarrior

ToW feedback and questions

Post by steelwarrior »

Hi,

I like the game a lot - really playing it over and over again. I seem to have problem with the massive spawning of cheap SU units - like they always find a way to get back on my AXIS units by pure number (breaking out and encircling my far more adavanvced units - and killing them) I think it is quitze historic - but how to counter it?

I cann never solve the supply problem in north Africa - even after I have taken Malta - so my units always get beaten up by France (I do not allow Vichy) and England - is that a bug or is there any strategy?

Are there tsill any mods available - the old links seem to be dead?
doomtrader

RE: ToW feedback and questions

Post by doomtrader »

Not allowing the Vichy to be created makes the Africa very hard to beat.
You really need to maintain and guard your supply lines.

Regarding the Malta, are still receiving the info that Malta needs to be captured?
steelwarrior

Post by steelwarrior »

No, Malta is out of the game how can i guard my supply lines?

I just conquered the last victory hex from the SU and mostly all of thier cities - Winter 1943, they still do not give up? What can i do now?
steelwarrior

Post by steelwarrior »

ok - found a last City Murmansk - now finally SU surrendered - now i have another problem - how to unload my amphibious ships in England?
steelwarrior

Post by steelwarrior »

and another question - i attacked Romania 1940 with the SU in another game and by that started a war with the Axis - do I get Estonia, Lithunia and the other small country still or do I have to conquer them?
steelwarrior

Post by steelwarrior »

Just found out how to do amphibious attacks - nice solution ;-) No I won my first Axis game against Allies and Comintern - but everything i get is a very demotivating small screen - could be quite more glorious - at least wit a nice picture? After playing for rought 3 weeks this little scree is a little disappointing..
Tomokatu

Post by Tomokatu »

"...do I get Estonia, Lithunia and the other small country still or do I have to conquer them? "

Heh! That's an ethical question.

Check the Diplomacy screen for those countries.
Are they At War with the Axis?
If NO, then you'll have to conquer them.
If YES then either you can play "alongside" them as co-belligerents but with no control
or
Use the F12 key to take control of them yourself.

When I play as Allies, I have sometimes found that the USA goes to war against the Axis separately instead of joining the Allies. I even found once that the USA had conducted an amphibious invasion of Norway without me knowing about it.
For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction

Return to “WW2: Time of Wrath”