Did I do something bad?

From the front lines in France and Russia to the deserts of North Africa and the airfields and convoys of Britain, the campaigns of World War II are yours to command in WW2: Time of Wrath! This turn-based grand strategy title, the highly improved and expanded sequel to WW2: Road to Victory, puts the player in charge of the political, economic and military decisions of one or more Axis or Allied nations, including minor nations.
BlueMak

Did I do something bad?

Post by BlueMak »

I convinced a friend to buy this game to play PBEM.

Although I had this game for ages, I never got to play it. It's fully patched to 1.81.
Since I never played PBEM with this game I started the game to see how it is set up etc.
I clicked on REPORTS as USA and the game crashed. Is this something that happens with more than one country and even when the country is at war? Is the REPORTS button broken? How isn't it fixed?

Are there any other issues I should be aware of? Did I convince my friend to get this game and the game is in a sad condition?
Tomokatu

RE: Did I do something bad?

Post by Tomokatu »

I had exactly the same problem with PBEM. As far as I can tell, it's only the USA reports that are broken. It has been reported but no workaround has been suggested.
For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction
BlueMak

Post by BlueMak »

I guess if the same player controls USA and another country that is not that a big problem.  Still, I wonder how it passed Q&A testing.

One more question.  Regarding view distance.  Am I right to assume that both (or more) human players will automatically use the setting used on the system which started the PBEM game?  I wouldn't like the idea of being able to have each player set up his own view distance at will.

Tomokatu

Post by Tomokatu »

I don't know the answer to that.
All I can suggest is that both (all) players agree to the same set of House Rues before play starts and you have to trust each other. I DO know that each player can select and use his own choice of map and counters in the same Preferences screen.
For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

Indeed, the each player can use his own viewing distance.
Here we are counting on the trust and honesty between them

Return to “WW2: Time of Wrath”