gamey naval tactic - must be fixed in the new game

WW2: Road to Victory is the first grand strategy release from IQ Software/Wastelands Interactive, which covers World War II in Europe and the Mediterranean. Hex-based and Turn-based, it allows you to choose any combination of Axis, Allied, Neutral, Major or Minor countries to play and gives you full control over production, diplomacy, land, air and naval strategy. Start your campaign in 1939, 1940 or 1941 and see if you can better the results of your historical counterparts. A series of historical events and choices add flavor and strategic options for great replayability.
gwgardner

gamey naval tactic - must be fixed in the new game

Post by gwgardner »

In RtV one can force a debilitating naval battle on the enemy by simply staging a dummy amphibious assault.

In a normal naval battle, only those ships which have ostensibly spotted the enemy will engage. But in an amphibious assault, ever ship in the area engages, thus allowing the stronger force to sucker-punch the weaker.

Hope this is fixed in the new game.

Michael the Pole

RE: gamey naval tactic - must be fixed in the new game

Post by Michael the Pole »

Gary's quite right about this. (please see: tm.asp?m=2014967&mpage=1&key=? for details. I should also point out that this post was written before Time of Wrath converted me from troll to raving fan-boy.)

I'm researching this issue.
"One scoundrel is a disgrace, two is a law-firm, and three or more is a Congress." B. Franklin

Mike

A tribute to my heroes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fRU2tlE5m8
BlueMak

RE: gamey naval tactic - must be fixed in the new game

Post by BlueMak »

Although it doesn't always happen, it should be fixed somehow.

Return to “WW2: Road to Victory”