Qatar Depression effect

WW2: Road to Victory is the first grand strategy release from IQ Software/Wastelands Interactive, which covers World War II in Europe and the Mediterranean. Hex-based and Turn-based, it allows you to choose any combination of Axis, Allied, Neutral, Major or Minor countries to play and gives you full control over production, diplomacy, land, air and naval strategy. Start your campaign in 1939, 1940 or 1941 and see if you can better the results of your historical counterparts. A series of historical events and choices add flavor and strategic options for great replayability.
BlueMak

RE: Qatar Depression effect

Post by BlueMak »

It's a strategy game, if you stretch it a lot you can even say it is a wargame. It is not a historical simulation.
Just because you think you are clever, doesn't mean you make good arguments.
Perhaps you should just read some books instead of playing this GAME.
Michael the Pole

Post by Michael the Pole »

ORIGINAL: BlueMak

It's a strategy game, if you stretch it a lot you can even say it is a wargame. It is not a historical simulation.

Yes, we certainly want, at all costs, to avoid reading a book.
"One scoundrel is a disgrace, two is a law-firm, and three or more is a Congress." B. Franklin

Mike

A tribute to my heroes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fRU2tlE5m8
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

The thing that I'm trying to achieve is to make historical possibilities only if historical circumstances occur.
Plainian

Post by Plainian »

Well you won't get this if you persist on using maps which are not historical or true to real life? Current map is big but bland. Wrath will be probably graphically prettier.....but still bland. Give us a few more terrain types or allow us to create our own and you would definitely have a worthy successor?

British didn't break out from Normandy for a reason.

ORIGINAL: doomtrader

The thing that I'm trying to achieve is to make historical possibilities only if historical circumstances occur.
Michael the Pole

ORIGINAL: Plain Ian

British didn't break out from Normandy for a reason.

Montgomery?[8D]

Actually, I'd like to see some new terrain as well, but we're asking a lot of the development team if they are going to meet the May 2009 launch window.

How about starting a new thread and everyone providing some actual suggestions? With a rapid close date. Even then, you still haven't defined the scope of the problem. If you recognize the HUGE number of hexes that we're talking about here -- for instance to use the previous suggestion, just exactly which hexes are going to be Bocage? Are they exclusive only to Normandy? Are you sure? There isn't any similar terrain in, say, Yugoslavia? Or Turkey? How about Spain? Are you sure?
"One scoundrel is a disgrace, two is a law-firm, and three or more is a Congress." B. Franklin

Mike

BlueMak

Post by BlueMak »

ORIGINAL: Michael the Pole

Well, you are sure making every effort possible to hide it. [8|]
Michael the Pole

ORIGINAL: Michael the Pole

Well, you are sure making every effort possible to hide it. [8|]

Why don't you just drop it before you succeed in convincing everyone that you are an ignorant idiot.

Mike

doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

Guys,

Please don't let the Matrix crew close this thread.

We are on the stage where no new features can be added. Dot!

The best thing you can do now, is to start two new threads:
1. Terrain topographic
2. Terrain cover
If you want to have impact on our future deeds, move your chit chat there and take under consideration whole world.
Of course in the future we can make hundrets of new terrain types, but what's the point with this scale of game?

I would really like to see such constructive conversation in much positive manner, and I'll be happy to know your opinion, even if personally I might not agree.

There are many ideas we would like to realize. Time of Wrath is for most of you a patch. I think there aren't many games with such level of changes in patches.
From other point of view (mine for example) we are giving pretty large quantity of games for free.
Plainian

Post by Plainian »

ORIGINAL: doomtrader

Of course in the future we can make hundrets of new terrain types, but what's the point with this scale of game?

? I think you meant 'complexity' rather than 'scale'? The game has simple mechanics of play and you've kept the amount of terrain types deliberately low in line with this philosophy. I appreciate this.

However a game of this scale and 'map size' (I can't remember how many miles a hex represents) cries out for as many terrain types as possble.

I'll stop posting now.
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

I'll stop posting now
This is something I don't want you to do.
jjdenver

Post by jjdenver »

Hey Doomtrader I'm sure it's been said before but your participation in this forum and your support of the game is very much appreciated.

Bravo!
AARS:
CEAW-BJR Mod 2009:
tm.asp?m=2101447
AT-WW1:
tm.asp?m=1705427
AT-GPW:
tm.asp?m=1649732
James Ward

Post by James Ward »

I'll second that. I have not seen this much interaction from any game developer. Thank you.
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

Thank you Guys!
We are making our games for community.
Sometimes our hands are tied due some limitations (engine or resources), but we are really listening all of you.

paullus99

Post by paullus99 »

Based on what I've seen so far, I've added this to my list of games for 2009 to purchase (and it is a very, very short list).

Looking forward to the new release.
Never Underestimate the Power of a Small Tactical Nuclear Weapon...
Chocolino

Post by Chocolino »

We are on the stage where no new features can be added. Dot!

Just speaking for myself here. I rather have a new release on time than many new features that delay it a lot. (Not saying that the new suggestions aren't good - many are very good indeed).

Also thanks from me for the good game doomtrader. It is one of the few that I really recommend.
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]

Return to “WW2: Road to Victory”