Thinking about buying : 2 questions

World War II: General Commander is an introductory war strategy game which brings a unique mix of scale, combat dynamics, and force management. An intuitive combination of rules and controls will give beginning wargamers and real time strategy fans the opportunity to simulate Germany’s famous last Blitzkrieg from either side.
Skyfire7631

Thinking about buying : 2 questions

Post by Skyfire7631 »

Hi there, 2 little questions, before I order [:D]

Does the physical shipment comes up with a printed manual ?

And what version is shipped with the game (and related, do the patches from the developpers are available quickly for the Matrix edition) ?

Thanks in advance [:)]

Regards.
JudgeDredd

RE: Thinking about buying : 2 questions

Post by JudgeDredd »

It's the Digital Express version, so it does not come with a prinbted manual - only a PDF.
Alba gu' brath
Skyfire7631

Post by Skyfire7631 »

Argh, damnit ... ok, thanks.

In such a case, I don't see why I should order from Matrix, directly from the developers would probably be a better idea [:(]

Regards.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

No printed manual, just a full color box and full color CD with order info printed on it. Yes, updates will be quickly available here. Purchasing direct from the developers is perfectly fine, though be aware that there is currently a difference in copy protection.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Skyfire7631

Post by Skyfire7631 »

Yes, I saw that, the copy protection over there seems to be a bit bothersome, and I have always been satisfied with Matrix ... hmm, what to do, lol [;)]

Anyway, thanks for the answers ...

Regards.

GIveloper

Post by GIveloper »

Skyfire:

I am going to do something and Erik will hate me... but you can buy it in Carrefour... even we and Matrix will loose money, you will have it cheaper price..

Victor
WWII: GC Designer
Skyfire7631

Post by Skyfire7631 »

You're talking about the Anuman version, right ? I heard about it, and to put it clearly : first, I had bad experiences with Anuman earlier (support), and second, this is a translated version if I'm not mistaken, which means patches will be late (if ever coming, knowing Anuman). The only good thing is that their version has a printed manual, I think.

So I'd rather order the english version [;)] I'll probably order from Matrix, as I never was disappointed with them [:)]

Regards.
RSGodfrey

Post by RSGodfrey »

I've been watching this title since it was released with great interest but was deterred by the copy protection and limited discussion on their boards.

I've played the developers demo scenario and found it enjoyable if limiting as an insight into the game. I watched the video tutorial but find this a clumsy way to learn having to alt-tab between game and video, so two questions:

1. will the Matrix demo have a different scenario to provide a more comprehensive 'taster'?

and

2. are there plans to provide interactive tutorials or tutorials of any description?

many thanks

Richard
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: RSGodfrey
I've been watching this title since it was released with great interest but was deterred by the copy protection and limited discussion on their boards.

Just to comment on this, since the word doesn't always get out - our version has the usual Matrix serial number system, that's it.
1. will the Matrix demo have a different scenario to provide a more comprehensive 'taster'?

Probably not, as putting more time into a demo is not a high priority right now but this is still being discussed.
2. are there plans to provide interactive tutorials or tutorials of any description?

For our release, we re-wrote the manual (and that new version will also be in our demo) which I think helps a lot with learning and understanding the game. There is currently no plan for additional tutorials, primarily because we think the learning curve on this game is actually quite low as far as learning how to play. Learning how to play well and win takes more practice, but the interface itself and all the actions are fairly straightforward and well documented in our release.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Skyfire7631

Post by Skyfire7631 »

Hmm, ok, I ordered 3 days ago : my card has not been charged yet, the order is on status "backordered". What's that supposed to mean ? [&:]

Regards
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: Skyfire76
Hmm, ok, I ordered 3 days ago : my card has not been charged yet, the order is on status "backordered". What's that supposed to mean ? [&:]

Did you order the physical only option?
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
Skyfire7631

Post by Skyfire7631 »

Yep, physical only, not in a hurry, and prefer to have my hands on what I buy [;)]

Regards.

Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Ok, the UK warehouse where yours would be coming from should start shipping on Monday. I'll check in on this Monday to get a confirmation on that.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
Skyfire7631

Post by Skyfire7631 »

Thank you, much appreciated [:)]

Regards.

Skyfire7631

Post by Skyfire7631 »

For the record, order is still on status "backordered" and bank account still not charged ...

Regards.

Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Should have shipped out, can you e-mail me with your Order ID please?
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
storm73

Post by storm73 »

First....Sorry for my level of English, but please ¿ can you help me with my Order ID? I don´t Know why, but I can´t donwload it, I´m trying with your Help Desk but it´s impossible.

[&o] Sorry, and thanks.

Storm73
Skyfire7631

Post by Skyfire7631 »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Should have shipped out, can you e-mail me with your Order ID please?

Will do this evening when back home, thanks for your support.

Regards.
Skyfire7631

Post by Skyfire7631 »

Requested information sent [;)]

Regards.

Skyfire7631

Post by Skyfire7631 »

Ok, the order has been processed apparently, thanks [:)] Bank account still not charged, but I won't complain about that, hehe [:D]

Now, waiting for the package ... [:)]

Regards.

Return to “World War II: General Commander”