I'm a little surprised . . .

World War II: General Commander is an introductory war strategy game which brings a unique mix of scale, combat dynamics, and force management. An intuitive combination of rules and controls will give beginning wargamers and real time strategy fans the opportunity to simulate Germany’s famous last Blitzkrieg from either side.
LarryP

RE: I'm a little surprised . . .

Post by LarryP »

[:D][:)][8D]
GIveloper

Post by GIveloper »

40's and some more after WWII: GC... Dear old gamers: do not be afraid, speed has been reduced after some smart advice from our first honest players... It is not a tactical RTS, combats take hours.
If you use the Time Out (x5) feature is like turn based but choosing the turn activation... it is not marketing, it is how has been designed. In single players you can use as much as you want.

(And course to reduce the speed till almost stop it... but I will try the Time Out and game speed (x25), it will provide you the door for MP... yes I know many of you do not care, but beat a friend in the battlefield is a very satisfactory emotion ;)

Victor.
WWII: GC Designer
oldspec4

Post by oldspec4 »

Playing the Demo I can actually reduce the speed down to a very slow crawl at .05 (in addition to the timeouts). This is a good feature for me personally as I'm generally not an RTS gamer.

Overall the game is different enough from other WW2 games to make gameplay interesting. My only concern is that I have to lower the eye candy way down due to my older computer specs. Not a gamebreaker though.
GIveloper

Post by GIveloper »

We try to move as much to lower PC config, but the game did not allow it. There are some views (avoiding 3D models/ low poly terrain etc) quite good for old PC but till a limit... we need the huge scenario to play, and supplies + combats + AI take many resources.

Victor.
WWII: GC Designer
Titanwarrior89

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Just FYI, here's a screenshot showing an alternate simpler Map view, also with NATO symbols enabled and the OOB window shown, running at extremely slow speed. Also, the "hit point bars" actually show unit effectiveness and current strength, which is tracked in units like men, tanks and guns.

So if I understand correctly the Soldier icons to the right- shows 400 soldiers. Same principle for the tanks and artillery. Is that correct anyone?
"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: Titanwarrior89
So if I understand correctly the Soldier icons to the right- shows 400 soldiers. Same principle for the tanks and artillery. Is that correct anyone?

That's exactly right.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
spellir74

Post by spellir74 »

This actually looks ideal.

This to both GIveloper and you.
test

Return to “World War II: General Commander”