What, WWII again?

World War II: General Commander is an introductory war strategy game which brings a unique mix of scale, combat dynamics, and force management. An intuitive combination of rules and controls will give beginning wargamers and real time strategy fans the opportunity to simulate Germany’s famous last Blitzkrieg from either side.
bbmike

What, WWII again?

Post by bbmike »

Another WWII game? And a real-time one at that?
Still, it does look interesting. Sigh, I guess I'm going to have to keep an eye on this one. [:D]
pasternakski

RE: What, WWII again?

Post by pasternakski »

ORIGINAL: bbmike
I guess I'm going to have to keep an eye on this one. [:D]
Not me, bro. I wouldn't keep my eye on this if I was blind, it was Beyonce's thigh, and the only cure for blindness was sticking your eyeball on it.
Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
McGlu

Post by McGlu »

Not me, bro.

Why's that? Looks like a decent enough game to me. I checked out the demo a while back, and the only thing that kept me from buying it was the copy protection. If the Matrix edition backs it down to just a serial number, I will probably get it.
-McGlu
GIveloper

Post by GIveloper »

[font="Arial"][font="times new roman"]Yes, nobody takes so much time and effort to flame us if our game was so bad… Sorry if we disturb you but people has the right to buy/play what they want, and it is not a rally to know who has more “value” in wargamming. Probably if those guys would decide what can be published or not we would have missed games like Civ or Total War series… [/font][/font]
WWII: GC Designer
spellir74

Post by spellir74 »

Battalion operations though. Few other WWII games treat that scale. Maybe none!

This is innovative stuff here.

We --the world-- have simply been conditioned to like platoon micro management or operational Corp command. Everything else therefore looks odd to us on first glance.

----
As PzC goes up it could merge with this type of game here. Ie Battalion /task force operations deployment and then zooming in to tactical company (and their platoon) deployment in 3D.

And this battalion scale here theoretically "zooms" out to to the Kharkov: disastor on the Donets scale.

I don't know anything about this game--whether it achieves its goals; whether its application is correct and enjoyable. But the niche it fills is undeniably good.

test

GIveloper

Post by GIveloper »

Hi spell74,
 I have made some comments about Tactical vs Operarional games in "Anyone playing this" thread....

Victor 
WWII: GC Designer
warishere

Post by warishere »

Play what you want to play but I just tried the demo out and I'm loving it. I just wish the game was a little cheaper but I think I'll buy this one. I don't think they'll ever stop making WWII games because of the mass appeal that era has. Almost all of the big nations can be represented in a WWII game. However, what era were you hoping for, BBMike? They can't really make a game based on today's technology because the US military is so far ahead of all other nations it would be too easy to win battles playing with the US forces. Atleast there is some balance with WWII. But really, for a new game what would you prefer?

Return to “World War II: General Commander”