WITP-Rising Sun Scenario

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design and the game editor for WITP.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

MBogdasarian

WITP-Rising Sun Scenario

Post by MBogdasarian »

A friend and I are playing the Rising Sun Scenario of WITP. Troops in the ABDA area cannot be picked up by sea transports or air transport for movement to another area within the same command even though the ships and airplanes started from ABDA and are at sites usable if I change their command to Southeast Asia, for example, at considerable cost in political points. Why is that? It seems to me that the commander of ABDA should control his own troops and their placement. It is equally odd that ground units can move overland to the new areas, but in some cases it is either impossible (they are on an island) or too slow (they are not on a road network).

Also, it is unclear what amounts of supplies and fuel are captured by the Japanese when they take a base. I have been using the transports (not being able to move my troops!) to pick up supplies and fuel at various unoccupied bases to reduce whatever chance the Japanese have of capturing much for their own use.

Finally, I do not quite "understand" what the computer is doing when it is in control of submarines. It seems the subs go off on rather peculiar missions.

Any suggestions, or thoughts, or fixes?
JeffroK

RE: WITP-Rising Sun Scenario

Post by JeffroK »

MB,

Have a good read of the Forum, many of these questions have been answered before. Try the search option, it works sometimes.

Some thoughts, the inability to ship restricted units is due to your being able to redirect the TF once loaded.

Supply & Fuel captured is a bit random, it has something to do with Combat and/or Engineers.

IMHO, the AI seems to run Subs OK, have a look at their destination, it may make more sense.

Have fun, dont forget to laugh at all of your faux pas and accept one or two from the computer.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Return to “Scenario Design”