KNIL 1st Infantry Regiment

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design and the game editor for WITP.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

el cid again

KNIL 1st Infantry Regiment

Post by el cid again »

I found a wonderful Order of Battle for the

Koninklijk Nederlands Indisch Leger

It indicates the 1st Infantry Regiment was square = contains four infantry battalions.
Also that it had an unusual "heavy motorized infantry unit" with

"12 x 47mm and 12 x AAMG"

vice the more usual 9 weapons each [We would term this a "heavy weapons battalion"
if we modeled the name on the traditional heavy weapons company of a battlion]

I have modified the OB to suit for x.70

This ob is the first section of

http://www.geocities.com/dutcheastindies/oob.html
el cid again

RE: KNIL 1st Infantry Regiment

Post by el cid again »

The "Zuid Garrison Battalion" turns out to be a binary and formally titled regiment. Since it has two battalions, I will redue to suit.

The regiments don't have artillery. But 1st Division has an artillery group - which I call the 1st Artillery Group Brigade (so you can divide it into 2 parts). And 3rd division has a separate artillery battalion. At least two AA battalions are going away - one into the 1st Artillery Group - one into the Coastal Artillery Brigade (which didn't have that name before but now does) - both at Batavia. The field artillery battalion is called A-I-Vd and belongs to 3rd Division. There is also a mountain gun battalion called A-II-Md which belongs to the 2nd Division. I combined three companies of recon into a 2nd Division Recon Bn.

I found a duplicated AA unit and replaced it with a 3rd Division Recon Bn made of two companies of motorized recon.
hueglin

Post by hueglin »

Sid,

I notice you said that you called it an Artillery Group Brigade so that it could be split into two parts. Does the designation of the unit affect whether it can be split or the number of parts it can be split into?
el cid again

Post by el cid again »

Apparently. It certainly does for infantry and armor - and I presume also for anything.
druzhina

Post by druzhina »

Attachments
banner.gif
banner.gif (49.12 KiB) Viewed 381 times

Return to “Scenario Design”