Win10 screen resolution

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

cgoldfarb

Win10 screen resolution

Post by cgoldfarb »

Hi all, when the game launches, the screen doesn't fit within the window. I'd say it's showing about 80% of the total content.

I've tried:
- Adding the additional launch parameters in the Tech Support FAQ
- Changing my default resolution to various other settings
- Changing my DPI to various other settings
- Modifying the compatibility settings
- Multiple combinations of all the above

Regardless what I select, it's always showing the same; the right ~20% and the bottom ~20% are cut off.

Can anyone help?
wga8888

RE: Win10 screen resolution

Post by wga8888 »

Game came out in 2009, prior to Win10. Same for WITP (2004?) I have about 8 Matrix Games. Confirmed by Tech Support, some work on WinXP but not Win10; some work on Win10 (WITE) but not WinXP, all should work on Win7. I plan to convert a spare machine to Win7 so all my pbem Matrix games will work on one machine. Not to mention my pbem DOS Pacific Ware runs just fine WinXP [have to use DOSBOX emulator on Win10 with minuature screen within the screen; DOSBOX claims to run on Mac using Mac Version but never figured out what to define as drive C as no such thing on a mac. Never a response to email sent to DOSBOX).

I was given this instruction by Tech Support to run WITP/AE on Win10. A screen shot was included in the message. Paste the link into your browser. I can forward the email iwth link and attachment if you send one to my email; bill@wargameacademy.org. In my case I just elect to run on my WinXP, until I convert the spare Win10 to run Win7 (need to buy a Win7 install CD first). I have multiple old machines, most do not.

Regarding your issues:

1. War in the East in Windows XP

Please try the following:

Open the game installation folder , find a subfolder named "Dat" and open it. Find the subfolder named "sound" and "video" and rename them respectively as "_sound" and "_video".

Run the game and check if the crashes persists.

2. WitP in Windows 10
WitP is not compatible with Windows 10. But you can try the workaround explained in this froum thread:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3908083

3. WitP:AE in Windows 10

Run the game in windowed mode. For running the game in windowed mode please do the following:

Open the game installation folder and find a file named "War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe". Click with your right mouse button over it and select "Send to > Desktop (create a shortcut)". This will create a new shortcut for the game.

Click with the right mouse button on the new shortcut and select Properties. Add the -w -px1920 -py1080 switches in the end of the "Target:" box line (check the attached screenshot.) If the installation folder is the default one, it should look like this:

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -w -px1920 -py1080

After adding the switch click on the "Apply" and "OK" button. Start the game by using this desktop shortcut.
Bill Thomson
wga8888@icloud.com
Discord: wga8888 #7339
817-501-2978 CST [-6 GMT]

Return to “Tech Support”