Witp and windows 8

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

tomed63

Witp and windows 8

Post by tomed63 »

I installed windows 8 and tried to play Witp. it started out ok, but after a couple of turns the data would come out as black squares instead of the alpha, numeric characters. Witp ver 1.8.0.6, stock scenarios. I tried different scenarios and it came out the same. program also ran slower than it did on windows 7. Game played good in windows 7. I tried the windows 7 option on the compatability mode, and it still blanked out the data. Memory problem of some kind ???
tocaff

RE: Witp and windows 8

Post by tocaff »

Are your drivers up to date?
Todd

I never thought that doing an AAR would be so time consuming and difficult.
www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2080768
tomed63

Post by tomed63 »

I reloaded the complete Witp disc. and it did the same thing. i also downloaded the scenario editor 6.0 and when i tried to load it, the program said the serial number i entered was wrong, though i entered the correct s/n.
what drivers are you talking about checking?
tocaff

Post by tocaff »

Video drivers, etc.
Todd

I never thought that doing an AAR would be so time consuming and difficult.
www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2080768
tomed63

Post by tomed63 »

Hello there
Great news, it was a video driver. I replaced it and nearly everything works good. The city/island data screen is coming up in green text with the characters chopped off horizontally (squished flat, but still readable. You are GOOD! I don't care what Isoruko Yamamoto says about you.

The other problem i had was the download of the Witp scenario editor not allowing me to install it because my password from Witp was invalid. the database editor 6.0 installed fine. The name on the scenario editor does not reflect that the file is Witp scenario editor 6.0.
The file is labeled " War in the pacific - Editor - V6 2105 Kb 8/31/2006 "

Return to “Tech Support”