War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

canuckgamer

War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition

Post by canuckgamer »

I am thinking of buying this game during the Xmas sale but I noticed that it indicated a resolution of 1024 X 768 in either full or windowed mode. I'm wondering if anyone has been able to play this game at 1920 X 1080 resolution?

I also noticed that thee is a thread in the forum about PBEM but the posts date from 2004 to 2008. Has the PBEM procedure been updated? In the product write up it says "traditional PBEM". Does this mean you send an email to your opponent with a file attached or as an option, put the file in a Dropbox folder?

Any comments or replies would be greatly appreciated.
Ian R

RE: War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition

Post by Ian R »

Yes.

The game runs from a desk-top shortcut.

Recent patches included various switches that are inserted in the target line of the shortcut to run it in windows 10.

There are switches that instruct it to run in full screen or windowed mode (-f and -w).

There are also switches that enable you to force it to use a window size above 1024 X 768.

I have a 1920/1080 monitor, but run the game in a window slightly smaller than full screen, using the switches "-pxf1872-pyf1053"

See this link in the AE forum: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4715437

"I am Alfred"

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”