C++

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderator: 2xPelin

Toby42

C++

Post by Toby42 »

What's with this C++ install? I tried to let program install it. Eventually I received a pop up message that said do you want to repair or delete? I chose repair and got the message that C++ was repaired and restored to 2008 version???

Game seems to work fine, at least with the tutorial....

It worked like this on both my desktop and laptop?
Tony
JudgeDredd

RE: C++

Post by JudgeDredd »

That C++ is quite common nowadays to include in installs. It's some runtime libraries that would be needed by the game - but I shouldn't worry - I think the .NET framework (which this is probably part of) can have varying versions in the Microsoft .NET folder...so the install of this is just to make sure that you have the required versions to run the game.
Alba gu' brath
tyson

Post by tyson »

I don't know if it matters but when I was asked the same thing "repair" or "delete"; I chose "delete". I assumed it would remove my C++ and install the current one needed for the game. I do not think anything was installed but the game seems to run fine. Four hours of playtime and no issues except a crash to desktop when watching history with supply routes open and using the back up turn key. Other than that very good running and fun game.
2xTom

Post by 2xTom »

What we're installing here is "Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable" and it's perfectly safe to install regardless of your setup.

Further, even if you skip this package, it probably won't affect the game. This is because many other applications install this too. In all likelihood it was already sitting on your machine before.
Tomislav Uzelac
Unity of Command Lead Developer

Return to “Tech Support”