FIXED Inability to start the game?

Post bug reports here.

Moderator: Tankerace

chris82222

FIXED Inability to start the game?

Post by chris82222 »

Hello,

I just purchased UV and have tried installing it, but I am unable to start the game. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

I have a Dell XPS M1330, running Windows Vista 32 bit. I had just updated windows with the latest patches. These needed rebooting but I postponed that and installed UV 2.41 and patched it to 2.5.

Next, I tried to start UV. It started, displayed a "Loading" splash screen and then I guess an intro video was playing as I could hear audio for it, but the screen itself had turned completely black. Eventually the sound stopped, but the screen stayed black. When I ctrl-alt-deleted to get a task manager it said "Uncommon Valor (not responding)".

I tried uninstalling UV and rebooting windows several times, then just installing UV 2.41 (which is what the exe I downloaded has slip streamed in), but the game's behaviour was identical in each case: splash screen, then a black screen with intro video noises, then nothing and a "not responding" application.

I also upgraded to the latest version of Direct X (9.0b or 9.0c or something?), but that did not fix it either.

Looking forward to playing this game! But right now I can't. Please let me know what I can do or any further information you need.

TIA,
Christo
chris82222

RE: Inability to start the game?

Post by chris82222 »

Follow up: I've also bought WitP, and I was able to install and play that without any problems. Still can't play UV (same symptoms/problem) and really want to start with that to acquaint myself with things a bit!
borner

Post by borner »

very strange. Hopefully Matrix can give some insight.
chris82222

Post by chris82222 »

Found a solution here:

tm.asp?m=2482540

Not sure what the problem is, because I can view the videos manually using Windows Media Player :/

Return to “Tech Support”