Download Problem

Post bug reports here.

Moderator: Tankerace

paulkenny

Download Problem

Post by paulkenny »

Downloaded UV but when I went to play the game I got an error message it said it could not find UV data. I reloaded it a couple of times but got the same message, now I cant download the game any more.

Help please.
MarcinL

RE: Download Problem

Post by MarcinL »

I've got the same issue. Can someone tell what should be the correct setup file size? I only got 54mb.
RGIJN

Post by RGIJN »

54MB sounds correct. But never encountered that troubles. What does the error read exactly? Maybe someone else can help in this matter...?
MarcinL

Post by MarcinL »

Matrix's page says file size should be 540 mb, hence I have asked, cause my file is 10 times smaller. I have logged helpdesk ticket.
Error Message says:
ERROR: Unable to find UV data!!! see the screen:

Installator does not create any program group / shortcuts. I tried to start it by executing uncommonvalor.exe file.

Thanks for reply
RGIJN

Post by RGIJN »

the file (I still have it on my PC) is called "UncommonValor-SetupRelease-v241DR" and size is 557MB

You can execute this file.

Hope this helps...

edit: of course you´ll still need the 2.5 patch after installation. IIRC, free download on the Matrix product site for UV
MarcinL

Post by MarcinL »

Great, now I only have to find how to get someone to give me the link to correct file [&:]
mgarnett

Post by mgarnett »

Same problem here.
Mark Garnett
Brisbane Australia
mgarnett

Post by mgarnett »

I've lodged a support request.
Mark Garnett
Brisbane Australia
borner

Post by borner »

Hopefullyt someone from Matrix can advise. I have never seen that before. It should download to a matirx game folder, then once you un-zip it you should be good to go. are you loading the whold game, or just the 2.5 update?
mgarnett

Post by mgarnett »

The whole game and the update. The link for the whole game came in my confirmation of purchase email and the patch from the members area. They are both roughly the same file size.

Even stranger, when iinstall the game and look inside some of the ini files, they reference a documents and settings folder for a person I have never heard of. It looks like they have linked the download to the wrong exe file.
Mark Garnett
Brisbane Australia
mgarnett

Post by mgarnett »

I received a response from the support, they said it is a download problem at my end, which is not correct. I have asked them to at least check the file at their end. The file that I have downloaded and installed (from the link contained in my purchase email) contains and INI file for a user by the name of Gregory Wilcox and it points to directories on his computer. It also has references to the Matrix LAN MATRIX-PHOENIX.

I just wish they would check the links they are sending people because they are not pointing to the correct file.

Cheers

Mark
Mark Garnett
Brisbane Australia
mgarnett

Post by mgarnett »

Here is a copy of the PM I've just sent to Eric:

Hi Eric,

My apologies for bothering you, but there appears to be a download issue with Uncommon Valor. Me and another user are experiencing an issue where the link contained in our purchase emails are pointing to a 54 meg file when it should be a 550 meg install file.

The installer is also serial number free (i.e. it will install without a serial) and contains references to user by the name of Gregory Wilcox. All of the INI files point to directories on his computer and reference the matrix LAN MATRIX-PHOENIX.

It appears that either the link contained in the purchase email is not correct, or the file on your servers in incorrect. I've emailed support but they think it is a download issue at my end when I believe it's not due to the above references and also that another user is having the exact same problems with a recent purchase of UV.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Mark
Mark Garnett
Brisbane Australia
paulkenny

Post by paulkenny »

I have to say I am not all happy about this. I honestly cant understand half of what people responded (no problem with the responders, I appreciate the help) I just dont understand what you guys are writing.

I ordered a game, downloaded it, paid for it, cant get the program to run. I cant find any way of contacting Matrix, cant find an email address on the site, took me like 20 minutes to figure out how to sign up to the forum to get an answer.

And from what I get from above, someone else had the same problem and got the response back that it was his fault in the download process. I redownloaded the game a couple of times to get it to work, now I cant even redownload it.

I really feel like I have been ripped off here.
mgarnett

Post by mgarnett »

Hi Paulkenny,

I've just received a response from Eric who said that it is indeed a problem with the download at their end. Due to Thanksgiving, it may not be fixed until Monday, but it's only a short delay.

Cheers

Mark
Mark Garnett
Brisbane Australia
borner

Post by borner »

for two people to have the same issue at the same time it had to be an issue on Matrix's side. They are somewhat slow on the customer support side, but generally seem to get things figured out. I hope you both can get things up and running. The more players around the better.
mgarnett

Post by mgarnett »

By way of update, the download has now been fixed. Just use the same link sent in your purchase email and you should get a 540 meg file this time.

Thanks to Eric and Matrix team.

Cheers

Mark
Mark Garnett
Brisbane Australia

Return to “Tech Support”