Overcoming Inability to Load Troops/Supplies

Post bug reports here.

Moderator: Tankerace

Firebomber47

Overcoming Inability to Load Troops/Supplies

Post by Firebomber47 »

One frequent annoyance with UV was the seemingly-random phenomenon of the AI preventing a human player from loading both troops and supplies simultaneously at a friendly port. How many times have we seen 'Load Troops' darkened so that we were unable to load the supplies the embarked troops so badly needed?

Well, there's a fix for this problem that is very simple! When the pesky AI darkens the 'Load Troops' pick, simply click on 'Unload Troops/Cargo' (even though there's nothing on board your empty TF), then click on 'Cancel Unload Cargo/Troops'. Just like magic, 'Load Troops' becomes available again! You are then free to load both troops and supplies to your heart's content!! Have fun getting loaded (with supplies and troops, that is [;)])
DEB

RE: Overcoming Inability to Load Troops/Supplies

Post by DEB »

It is not possible to Load Troops & Supplies simultaneously in UV.

If you choose "Load Troops" it loads troops first and then "tops up" the ships with supplies. If you choose "Load Troops Only" then it does just that. The Supply & Fuel buttons also load exclusively.
If you choose either Load Troops button, then the other one will gray out, also the one you chose will change to "Cancel Load ...". Pressing the Cancel Load button here ungreys the other Load Troops button as well as reinstating the original option. Note this is quicker than your proposed method. [;)]

I am totally guessing , but your problem would appear to be caused by you hiting the "Load Troops Only" button at some stage ( which greys out the "Load Troops" button ), then revisiting the loading again, having forgotton your previous visit. When you don't have a problem, I presume you chose the "Load Troops" Button.

On a slightly different tack, I do wish that the "Load Troops" button had been listed as "Load Troops & Supplies". As it is listed it can be confusing.[:(]
Firebomber47

RE: Overcoming Inability to Load Troops/Supplies

Post by Firebomber47 »

Yes, the designation of the command buttons is a bit confusing and certainly could have been done better. I realize that troops and supplies load sequentially (first the troops, then supplies in any remaining space), but this is done with a single command, hence the reference to loading them simultaneously. Semantics aside, insofar as to what causes the button to grey out, there was no attempt to do anything with the task force prior to this problem occurring. It simply happens randomly and had caused problems getting supplies loading with the troops. Using this technique, another successful Allied campaign playing Scenario 19 against the computer-controlled Japs was completed before the end of 1943.

Attachments
UV_Victory.._19_US.jpg
UV_Victory.._19_US.jpg (122.58 KiB) Viewed 295 times

Return to “Tech Support”