to build or not to build?

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers.
borner

to build or not to build?

Post by borner »

As Japan on Irau, it seems to be better not to build an airstrip or port. If you don't, all the US can do is ground strike you, and while it can hurt whatever unlucky unit gets picked, you supplies come through intact.

I have not tried this strategy yet, but thought I would ask for some input from others that may have tried this.

Brian
YUP

RE: to build or not to build?

Post by YUP »

I build and I shred there a/c
tocaff

Post by tocaff »

No matter what you do on Irau, assuming that you want to make it a tough nut to crack, build up it's forts, supplies and contest the dot bases too in adequate strength as to make it costly to take.  It will fall eventually, but at what cost.  The Allied player could hop and skip the island, though most of us agree that it's the key to any move in that area.
Todd

I never thought that doing an AAR would be so time consuming and difficult.
www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2080768
bigbaba

Post by bigbaba »

i would only build a level 9 fortification there and supply it from lunga via barges.

a level 9 fort with at least 10.000 INF and 20.000 other troops, some AA units (the ones with 75 mm flak guns) and thousends of mines can slow down the allied advance extremly well.

plus, you can build lunga and russel islands AF and support your troops from there.
Ike99

Post by Ike99 »

As Japan on Irau, it seems to be better not to build an airstrip or port.

My last few games I´ve decided to not build an airfield or port there. Just garrison, fortify and heavily mine it.

Seems the way to go for me.
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara

The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
borner

Post by borner »

IKE, that is what I am planning on doing. Your supplies do not get hammered when the allied bombers start flying. Just looking at the pro's and con's of it and for opinions.

Return to “The War Room”