Post by bigred »

Looking for Mario/Ike99.
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
Miller

RE: Where in the world is Ike99

Post by Miller »

Well that AAR just goes to show that the IJN needs to destroy a sizeable part of the Allies forces whilst they have supremacy early in the game to have any chance of holding out for a points victory, especially when playing scn 17, which is almost impossible against a competent Allied player.

Ike is probably the best defensive player around as the IJN, but his lack of an offensive move early in the game ultimately cost him. Letting the Allies build up untouched is asking for trouble. Every IJN player has to take PM, simply just to deny its use to the Allies for as long as possible.

Having said that, after reading through the whole of the AAR I have picked some good ideas from him with regards to overall strategy in several areas.
bigred

Post by bigred »

I figured since Ike99 did not know where my carriers where located he was FROZEN in his decision process.  Did not want to get his fleet caught south of Milne Bay. 

Let me be clear on this subject. In an effort to draw mario out and back into this UV forum, In no way am I insinuating Mario is a coward!!!hehehe

As a matter of fact i consider Mario a stand up man that calls the situation the way it is . the problem seems to be most players cant deal w/ his bravado. To me, I love the BS and want to play him in another game.
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
borner

Post by borner »

i agree. He is a very good player, and even more intesting to have discussions with privately outside the Forums.
RGIJN

Post by RGIJN »

ORIGINAL: Miller

Well that AAR just goes to show that the IJN needs to destroy a sizeable part of the Allies forces whilst they have supremacy early in the game to have any chance of holding out for a points victory, especially when playing scn 17, which is almost impossible against a competent Allied player.

Ike is probably the best defensive player around as the IJN, but his lack of an offensive move early in the game ultimately cost him. Letting the Allies build up untouched is asking for trouble. Every IJN player has to take PM, simply just to deny its use to the Allies for as long as possible.

have to agree with that. Tried once to skip seizure of PM and would never do this again! And without destroying major elements of the Allied operational assets you just can´t make it into late 1943... These two facts alone strongly point to some kinda offensive action early in the game. IMHO, the right degree of this and proper execution is the key. Though this is not as easy as it sounds against a capable opponent, of course..........
bigred

Post by bigred »

ORIGINAL: Miller

Having said that, after reading through the whole of the AAR I have picked some good ideas from him with regards to overall strategy in several areas.

An interesting side note: both Ike99 and I seem to have a caustic/corosive way of communications which seemed to add spice to the AAR. Many people complain about his use of english in a bombastic sense. I never felt intimidated by his words and inthralled in the counter psyops.

I have tried to encourge Ike99 to participate in the game/AAR as we together seem to bring out the best in an AAR. He has been burned by something. It may be his perception of my betrayal in a private email posted to the forum. If so I must openly apologize.

All in all, I am sure Ike will read this and I hope I speak for all that we pray for the return of the FAMOUS IKE99 to the UV forum.
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400

Return to “After Action Reports”