Probably a long shot

Uncommon Valor: Campaign for the South Pacific covers the campaigns for New Guinea, New Britain, New Ireland and the Solomon chain.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Tankerace, siRkid

jmkas

Probably a long shot

Post by jmkas »

I have played this game for countless hours a long time ago. Recently I got the bug to play it again. Don't know why, but I want to.

So I downloaded the install files, gave it a go and nothing. I am running Win 10 Home v 1903. I get the windows prompt to allow the program to make changes to my PC, say ok, a few seconds pass and windows asks me if the install was successful. Of course it was not. There are options to troubleshoot, try again in comparability mode (XP SP3, Win 7, Win 8, I don't know, etc) which I do try all, but nothing. There are no install files/folders that I can see, error logs, or even a message. Just as spinning circle above the mouse cursor for a few seconds after I click the install file.

Has anyone had any success installing and running the game recently?

Thanks
Joe
Edorf

RE: Probably a long shot

Post by Edorf »

Try running the installer as administrator. To play the game use DxWnd. On the last part this thread may be helpful:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3912371

Good luck

jmkas

RE: Probably a long shot

Post by jmkas »

Thanks Edorf for the tip and the link. I bookmarked that for reference. The issue I was having was that the installer was not even launching, let alone giving me a menu to start the game.

I tinkered around with some things to see what was going on. I even was able to install WiTP Admirals Edition without an issue. On a whim I disabled my MalwareBytes and tried the UV installer again and it worked!

Now its finally time to try the game again!

Thanks
Joe

Return to “Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific”