A few question

Uncommon Valor: Campaign for the South Pacific covers the campaigns for New Guinea, New Britain, New Ireland and the Solomon chain.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Tankerace, siRkid

Ridcully70

A few question

Post by Ridcully70 »

I got UV in the early 2000s but I only recently managed to get round to playing it! The interface is pretty intuituve and the manual is mercifully clear and succinnt. [&o]

So I'v been playing the big campaign game after playing some of the shorter scenarios and I still have a few things I'd like clarified

What is the point of the beaches? I know some can be expanded to a very small airfield and port, but you could only build a airfield that would aupport fighters , fighter bombers etc. it would be insane to put B 17s on a size 1 airfield. Most beaches can't be expanded, and their victory point value is so low it seems almost pointless to capture them- or is it?

What is the point of disbanding and withdrawing a unit?

there a couple of AA units in the game that always seem to have 0 supply. They're in the same hex as their HQ and there is no shortage of supply in that hex, yet their supply always seems to be 0! I just don't get it. is this a bug? are they still effective as they are?

Does AA affect the entire hex they're in? For example if I have AA units in Port Moresby and Japanese bombers attack cargo ships at dock will the AA attack them, or does the AA only defend units that share the same HQ as it?
Schani59

RE: A few question

Post by Schani59 »

I did also and started playing a couple of months ago. Also full campaign. A break from WitP-AE.
Dot bases only expand to size three. Fighters and medium bombers. Fighters at size one base. Medium bombers size two. Better size three.
Not sure about disbanding groups. Seems to keep command easier. They may come back later.
AA units protect the whole hex, Not sure about a bug. Should be in supply with the base. If the AA unit was transported check if the entire unit was transferred.

Glad to see someone else is playing. I am almost finished with the allied side. Next the Japanese side. I see when I play the Japanese have all objectives by November, Rest of the game is defense and hold.

I hope I helped.
This is one Czech that does not bounce.

Return to “Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific”