Moving naval task forces

Uncommon Valor: Campaign for the South Pacific covers the campaigns for New Guinea, New Britain, New Ireland and the Solomon chain.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Tankerace, siRkid

just_one_more_turn

Moving naval task forces

Post by just_one_more_turn »

Just starting out with the game, went a game turn and noticed my TF's never moved in the initial Coral Sea scenario. To make sure I did this correctly I located the CV TF, clicked set Destination and then when the map appeared I chose a hex near Guadalcanal. Next turn none of my task forces moved, was there another step I am missing? Thanks
bobarossa

RE: Moving naval task forces

Post by bobarossa »

Been a while since I played but were any of the task forces in the middle of loading troops? Also, were any of them set to follow another task force that didn't move?
just_one_more_turn

Post by just_one_more_turn »

It was a Carrier group, I may have to look on the cd for the rules pdf, perhaps I have to gas them up first? haha I did make a supply TF follow the CV taskforce so that one also did not move. Playing this game is the first rung on the ladder, next moving to plan orange and then War in the Pacific, finally the admirals edition perahaps.
DEB

Post by DEB »

ORIGINAL: just_one_more_turn

Just starting out with the game, went a game turn and noticed my TF's never moved in the initial Coral Sea scenario. To make sure I did this correctly I located the CV TF, clicked set Destination and then when the map appeared I chose a hex near Guadalcanal. Next turn none of my task forces moved, was there another step I am missing? Thanks
When you selected the destination hex and exited the TF box, your route should be shown as a line of interconnected Yellow hexes ; this applies to both the Allied and the Japanese player. If no such yellow chain appears, try re-selecting your destination hex etc. again.

[ NB : The hex chosen must include an area of Sea in it for a TF move to be valid ! ]

Did you get any info presented to you re the various "operations" phases ( including Air missions / Air combat ) ???

If not, I wonder if the AI is still awaiting orders... Have you chosen to play both sides ( i.e. Head to Head ) perhaps in error ??? If so, and this was not in error, then you must set your orders for the other side, and then re-click on the Red Triangle again, before the AI can process both sets of orders.

[ NBB : Both sides Air Mission TF's start the Coral Sea Scenario "at Sea" , so the TF's should both move ( after clicking on the Red Triangle to end the appropriate orders phase/s ). ]

[ Note: Post edited 4th May @ 17.40 GMT to correct errors ( e.g. opening paragraph ) and to add further comments ( e.g. NBB ). ]

Return to “Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific”