Slow in newer Operating Systems

Uncommon Valor: Campaign for the South Pacific covers the campaigns for New Guinea, New Britain, New Ireland and the Solomon chain.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Tankerace, siRkid

just_one_more_turn

Slow in newer Operating Systems

Post by just_one_more_turn »

After owning this for 5-10yrs I finally got around to installing this on Win8 to play. Unfortunately the mouseclicks, map movement, etc are verrrrrryyyyyyy slow with a few second delay. I have an older machine I can place this on, Vista and only 32bit but other than using patch 2.5, and tweaking the shortcut with the compatibility settings are there any suggestions?

For a laugh I also own War in the Pacific for ten years and once I have UV mastered plan on going onto that! I seem to be ten years behind on my game queue
just_one_more_turn

RE: Slow in newer Operating Systems

Post by just_one_more_turn »

I installed on Vista 32bit and all runs well. Did not run well on Win8 64bit, so not certain if it is the bit architecture or the OS that was causing the issue. Hope this helps some of you out there trying to run this on newer machines.
Moondawggie

Post by Moondawggie »

It runs really slowly on Win 7 (Dell XPS 8700, i7-4770, 64 bit) to the point of unplayability.

Too bad- it's a great game.
"The Yankees got all the smart ones, and look where it got them."

General George Pickett, the night before Gettysburg
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

once the guilds have been used, the game works the same in the newest version of windows 10 with no slow down

tm.asp?m=4061344
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)

Return to “Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific”