Airgoup stuck

Uncommon Valor: Campaign for the South Pacific covers the campaigns for New Guinea, New Britain, New Ireland and the Solomon chain.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Tankerace, siRkid

Avenarius

Airgoup stuck

Post by Avenarius »

I got a litle problem with remnant of carrier airgroup (or more precisly, several sub units from several damaged carriers), after battle, it landed on island base, but now the airfiled is under constant fire, so i cannot move it anywhere, i also cant disband it, but it keeps loosing aircrafts due to enemy attacks. Will casualities it sustain drain my replacement pool ? What happen if i withdraw to Tokyo its mothership, and it later return, will its airgroup be incomplete ?
a1981stingray

RE: Airgoup stuck

Post by a1981stingray »

If you return your CV back to Tokyo, there is no guarantee that it will be released back to the south pacific.

If your airfield is under constant attack those aircraft are stranded until your airfield can be repaired. yes it will drain your aircraft replacement pool for those planes being damaged/destroyed on the ground. you cannot withdraw or disband those units... unfortunately...
Avenarius

RE: Airgoup stuck

Post by Avenarius »

I see, thanks for answering. Well, im aware that its not certain that i get my carriers back i was just curious what happen in such case. Anyway i think that i got a solution, i figured that if i dock there empty carrier i would be able to embark on it those groups along with all pilots and damaged planes.

Return to “Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific”