LOS tool

Team Assault: Baptism of Fire is a 3D turn-based tactical game where players take command of infantry squads to engage the enemy in intense close combat. Although the combat system is turn-based, the game play can be as fast paced and dynamic as you'd like. Dynamic turns, counter actions and continual feedback keep you constantly engaged while still giving you enough time to make important decisions to change the course of battle!

Moderator: nomet

Der Kuenstler

LOS tool

Post by Der Kuenstler »

Why is it that when you press ctrl the LOS tool shows green lines to the enemy like you have LOS, then when you go to fire at them it will often say "not in view" or something like that - this is frustrating. Either you see them or you don't - not both!
"The Führer believes that this campaign will be over by autumn...I hope the Führer is right." Field-Marshal Walther von Reichenau, 1941

My Featured Mods:
DK's Distressed UI
DK's Subtle Sounds
Xerkis

RE: LOS tool

Post by Xerkis »

Unlike most other games, Team Assault’s LOS is not by the squad or unit level.
LOS is by individual soldier.
So when you press the <ctrl> key you are going to see all the soldiers’ LOS to all targets for that squad. When you go to pick your targets, the soldier you are currently on may not have actually had one of the green LOS lines and isn’t able to see the target.
But the next soldier will.
tgb

Post by tgb »

I ran into the same thing. Except none of my soldiers were able to fire on the target, even though some had green LOS lines.
Xerkis

Post by Xerkis »

Whenever this happens, can you take a screen print and post it please. So we can either explain what is going on – or – identify if there is a bug in the game.
Thanks.
[:)]

Return to “Team Assault: Baptism of Fire”